Notary Rotary
Updating printer drivers
Notary Discussion History

Updating printer drivers
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Lauriec on 3/29/05 10:26am
Msg #28191

Updating printer drivers

Does anyone know how to "update printer drivers"? I had trouble printing docs last night and had to call a techie. He suggested I do this after coming up with a temporary solution. I thought I could type it in and figure it out, but I can't! lol Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 3/29/05 10:45am
Msg #28197

I am about as far removed from a techie as humanly possible

But if the printer is a HP, you can download the drivers at www.hp.com

Reply by Lauriec on 3/29/05 10:57am
Msg #28199

Re: I am about as far removed from a techie as humanly possi

Thank you for the advice. It's a Dell, so I went to their website and the only thing I could come up with there was to reinstall the CD-Rom. I think I'll wait for my teenager to get home! lol (and I'll refuse any email closings tonite!)

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 3/29/05 11:20am
Msg #28202

Perhaps the Dell doesn't support the complete PCL platform

of drivers? Someone with expierience with Dells may be able to provide some info. Maybe it is time to use the Dell as a backup and buy a second printer. I just bought a second HP printer from a Texas company called Ebix for 134.00 for the 3330 model. Now I am able to print with both printers at 30ppm and it takes a lot of the stress out of E-docs. PS< I also maxed out the memory on both printers for just over 50.00

http://search.ebay.com/HP-LaserJet-3330_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Reply by ERNA_CA on 3/29/05 1:19pm
Msg #28231

Re: Perhaps the Dell doesn't support the complete PCL platform

Just a comment in regards to drivers. I have had to reselect Window drivers a cople of times I dont know why it changes but with all the diffrent wivers we use seems to mess things up. When doc's are not printing right make sure that Windows drivers are selected.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/29/05 11:12am
Msg #28201

Paging PAW_FL Paging.... you domain! :-) n/m

Reply by Stephen_VA on 3/29/05 2:09pm
Msg #28254

Re: Updating printer drivers - here is how

Go to printers in the control panel.
Right-click on the printer.
Click properties.
Advanced tab.
New driver.
Navigate to the driver location.
Voila

Reply by Lauriec on 3/30/05 10:04am
Msg #28501

Re: Updating printer drivers - here is how

Thank you! I will get right to it!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.