Vent re split state signings
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Melody on 3/18/05 1:41am
Msg #26211

TIA for letting me vent.

I have done many many split-state signings. Sometimes I am the first notary, sometimes I am the second.

Whenever I am the first notary, I always leave the preprinted notarial certificates for the next gal and add my own loose certificates. I make extra copies of the RTC. I call the title co to inform me which set of borrowers gets the borrowers' copy set. I make an extra copy of the blank ID form.

Whenever I am the second notary, NOT ONE of the above courtesies has EVER been done. The one I really want to vent about tonight is when the first notary does not leave me a blank copy of the ID form. This can be tough to get out of the title co, especially when the overnight package is delivered at 1pm and the signing is at 2pm.

Arrgggghh!

If you are ever notary #1, please think of your notary sister down the line!

Reply by christi/socal on 3/18/05 3:19am
Msg #26213

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if I would have even thought about it! I've only done one split and the company had already sent the wife all of her paperwork, while I did the husband with separate paperwork. I'll make sure do to as you suggest if I ever get another split ;)

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/18/05 7:40am
Msg #26218

I don't mind split signings.
But, I just did one, and the notary on the first signing made a few errors. She failed to get the husbands signature on one of the docs, failed to put the venue on another, and failed to get one of the docs notarized at all. She also failed to indicate that she was only notarizing the husbands signature on some of the notarizations. I am wondering how this is going to affect funding the loan.

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/18/05 9:24am
Msg #26239

Ditto, Sylvia

Sylvia,

I have seen this, too!

It was from a notary I see post sometimes on another forum...a notary who seems to have it together. However, she left off her stamp on two, she did the DOT/Mortgage Ack as if she witnessed both spouses. Ditto with two jurats.

Everyone has an off day. Lesson learned: The more comfortable we get with our job, the more likely it is to make an error.

Reply by Anonymous on 3/18/05 7:56am
Msg #26222

Hey Melody,
Don't forget you have brother notaries too!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/18/05 8:24am
Msg #26231

"Notary sister" ???

Please keep in mind that not all NSA's are of the female persuasion. NSA is not gender specific. (Just having my morning anal moment. Smiley)

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/18/05 8:36am
Msg #26232

Re: "Notary sister" ???

Huh! I'll be dipped! ya mean NSA isn't National Sister Association?
Learn somethin' new everyday.

Good Morning Paul Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.