Notary Rotary
WHY TITLE CO. DON'T HAVE THEIR OWN NOTARIES
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Celeste on 3/7/05 2:30pm
Msg #24137

I am a Notary and have been for about 3 years now, I am unemployeed at present but usually work as a legal assistant and hence then need for the notary.

I am in Florida, just out side of Daytona Beach. It seems strange to me that these Title Com. don't have their employees acting as Notaries/Closing Agents, and where is the demand for SIGNING AGENTS coming from????? Is this to aid in MOBILITY???? do you usually travel to someone home for closing??? Just curious about where the need comes from?

Reply by Ty_MN on 3/7/05 3:14pm
Msg #24142

Hello Celeste.

MOST Title companies do have their own notaries (one that I've come across) but the need arises when a title company is NOT in the state the borrower is in and thus the need for a mobile signing agent. If the lender has an office in the area where the borrower is they might have them come to their office and either they have a closer OR they can ask a signing agent to also do that. JUST being a notary is not what the companies are looking for. They want notaries that have knowledge of the documents, thus talking about loan signings, that can explain the documents correctly. NOT all notaries can do that (but they can learn it). Also, a title company does not have to be physically located in a state to be able to do title work for property in that state.

Does that help at all? I think I explained that well enough.

Reply by Ninna Mantooth-Lopez on 3/7/05 3:50pm
Msg #24145

Local title companies sometimes hire outside notaries to conduct signings in order to free up their Escrow Officers to handle the processing of closings. You'll find; however, that most only do this during high volume times... not during the slow times. Typically, these are handled within the title company office... not at the borrower's home.

On the other hand, national title companies hire mobile (or remote) notaries because their offices are usually in another city or state from where the borrower is, thus the need for a notary to travel to the borrower's home.

Reply by Celeste on 3/7/05 5:12pm
Msg #24163

Thank guys! So basically, when the amount of people taking loans out diminishes then the demand for Notary Agents also lessens. If growth continues then the demand continues.
I appreciate your assistance.

Thank you again for the replies!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.