Notary Rotary
e-docs vs emailed docs
Notary Discussion History

e-docs vs emailed docs
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by redsebring on 3/12/05 11:25pm
Msg #25218

e-docs vs emailed docs

Is there any difference or are they the same? I took the notaryclasses exams and their book appears to not distinguish between the two. Is the term e-docs simply a generic for any document that comes over the internet for downloading(e-fax,e-mail,etc)?
thanking you all in advance

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 3/12/05 11:41pm
Msg #25219

e-docs can be attached files sent by e-mail (usually pdf format, sometimes word) and also there are "digital docs" (sometimes called e-docs) where you log into a lender's site to download documents. These usually require "viewer software" (downloadable from their website) and you need a compatible laser printer that supports PCL drivers (like HP1300, and other HP printers) I suggest you search the board on laser printers and e-docs - you'll find a wealth of information.

Reply by Ninna Mantooth-Lopez on 3/13/05 12:14am
Msg #25225

e-docs is a generic term for this industry... whether they are sent directly to your e-mail or you print them off of a website. Typically, when you are assigned an assignment, the company will let you know if you are going to be downloading them off of a website. Usually, they will ask if you've ever done "Dynamic Docs" or "Checdocs.com" or "Swiftview" or whatever. In some cases, they may tell you we will be e-mailing you the doc's. Whichever case, you can always ask when they call you with the assignment how you are to retrieve the e-docs. In some cases, the instructions will be printed on your confirmation on how to retrieve the doc's.

Reply by redsebring on 3/13/05 1:04am
Msg #25228

Thank you. You made my wife very happy!!

Reply by Mainecost on 3/16/05 8:51am
Msg #25754

I have been considering becoming a notary and a signing agent. My background is IT in the financial area and i am now a mother of school age children and need something that does not require i travel and work 80 hrs a week. You are all very generous and supportive of each other with info.. it is really a breath of fresh air...

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding what laser printer to purchase??? any feedback is appreciated..thankyou

Reply by Dave_CA on 3/16/05 9:51am
Msg #25767

I've been very satisfied with the HP 1320TN. It has dual trays and PLC 6.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.