Notary Rotary
any help with this??
Notary Discussion History

any help with this??
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by kay-az on 3/2/05 12:46am
Msg #23191

any help with this??

I purchased a Brother MFC 8840D and it says it has PCL6 , and I made sure I installed the software perfectly, but I'm having trouble getting a PDF file to print letter and legal based on what the PDF file has for each page. It worked once but now it hasn't since. I have 2 drawers for both size pages and have set it up under the properties and printer settings, but I'm not getting what's wrong. Also have the print set up so that it will "choose paper size by PDF file page size", but it wont work.
I've shut it off, restarted my computer, uninstalled the software, reinstalled the software, I don't know what's left.
Any suggestions?

Reply by Claudia-NJ on 3/2/05 6:49am
Msg #23209

Re: any help with this??

Reply by Claudia-NJ on 3/2/05 6:53am
Msg #23211

Sorry - some kind of glitch.... ok - are printing on all letter or legal? meaning is the machine only selecting one of the trays to print from? if so than check the settings to state "auto select" the tray it will print from - normally under properties in the print menu. i hope this helps.....

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/2/05 6:52am
Msg #23210

You need to call Brother at 1-800-521-2846 and have your printer serial number written down.
This printer does emulate PCL6. I was told by Brother that you have to have tray sensors on the printer for it to automatically select. Those models are much more expensive

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/2/05 8:19am
Msg #23216

Also make sure that when you installed the second tray that you set it up and make sure you define which tray is letter and which tray is legal Ex: Tray 1 is letter Tray 2 is legal

Reply by kay-az on 3/2/05 12:05pm
Msg #23265

I have the second tray and the first is designated letter and the second is legal. I have done everything I can think of but I might just call them. I thought maybe I was NOT doing something else. Thank you for help. I just don't get it when it printed from a PDF file the first time both letter and legal and then now I can't get that to happen.
Thank a ton!

Reply by Mysti_FL on 3/2/05 2:37pm
Msg #23294

Re: When to use Legal, when Letter

Well, here is a question along those same lines. I just bought yesterday a Brother 8220 (luv it!). I went to print out legal size paper from the pdf file. I noticed that they all fit on regular sized paper and that is what I printed the borrower's copy on.

When do you use which?
Mysti

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/2/05 3:28pm
Msg #23302

PDF files when printed, will adjust to the selected paper size. This is not acceptable for the lender/title copy but should be okay for the borrower. If you can't print mixed (dual paper tray) paper size, then print everything on legal.

Reply by Mysti_FL on 3/2/05 4:49pm
Msg #23319

Thanks, PAW, that is what I was doing but was looking for a different answer! LOL
Mysti

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/3/05 12:57am
Msg #23391

Make sure that the print dialog says "Page Scaling: None". "Choose Paper Source by PDF page size should be checked. As Paul said, whether you print all on legal size or have two trays, scaling is a no-no.

You'll find elsewhere on this Forum that you feel free to print all on legal rather than switch back and forth. Sorry, don't know the message number.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.