Notary Rotary
aye yi yi...
Notary Discussion History

aye yi yi...
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 3/15/05 10:04am
Msg #25509

aye yi yi...

it's finally happened. My first nightmare signing. What a night, borrowers had to call four times thru the process to ask questions like I thought we had an impound , etc. What a screwed up pkg, not to mention that every (which were several) ack had texas typed in the state area. I crossed thru it and wrote Alabama. I know that this is going to be a hard one to fund because of all the errors all through it by the lenders. To top it off I asked, before I quoted my fee if it was one refi - 127 pages x 2!!! it was a piggy back....grrrr
But...my hubby saved the day and took me out for mussels at my fav Italian place.
Man I could eat those everyday, until I can't look at them again!!!
Anybody else in love with a certain dish that you could eat even if you're full? lol

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/15/05 10:31am
Msg #25515

Get on the phone & TELL THEM it's a piggyback and you want (& will get) more money.
Oh... popcorn. Anytime, day or night, even 5 days old.

Reply by Alabama on 3/15/05 10:47am
Msg #25518

Re: I agree w/Lee but asking and getting ....

are two different things. What are you going to do hold the docs for Ransom. I know you can cancel at the last minute if they don't meet your wage!

Reply by Alabama on 3/15/05 10:42am
Msg #25517

Lots of fun isn't it! I just wrote a post on here and to continue with that.... wouldn't it be great to beable to add fees for the unexpected just like they stipulate how they can reduce your fee if this this and this are not done...... I hope you didn't give them too good of a deal on your closing rate....I've been charging more because of the unexspected that always comes up because I'm experienced and worth it! Good Luck in the future and I agree good food and good company always makes a bad situation feel better!

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/15/05 10:49am
Msg #25519

Alabama...

I charged 75. + 25. edoc fee, after being told it was one pkg. I've got a call in, waiting to talk about that.

Reply by Alabama on 3/15/05 10:57am
Msg #25522

Re: Alabama...

You definitely are worth more than that.....did you notice on the HUDS what fees where paid for the closing? That is what I've been talking about.....I think everyone should get paid for their services and I appreciate the business I get from SS but the time involved is worth more!
And the signing service should be paid for getting the business for you but I would bet they got paid pretty ok for their time, espense and effort compared to your time and espense and effort @ $100.00. It's Amazing! Now I'm going to get off this subject and just "Let it GO"
Good Luck!

Reply by Jon on 3/15/05 11:17am
Msg #25530

Re: Alabama...

As has been mentioned many times before, the fee listed on the HUD is not necessarily the fee that the SS is getting. Many of the fees on the HUD are inflated. Whether it's right or wrong is a different thread, but that is the way it is.

Reply by Art_MD on 3/15/05 11:34am
Msg #25537

Re: Additional fee -

You should get at a min $25 per e-doc per loan, $25 for piggyback. JMHO

Art

Reply by Art_MD on 3/15/05 11:34am
Msg #25538

Re: Additional fee -

You should get at a min $25 per e-doc per loan, $25 for piggyback. JMHO

Art

Reply by Charm_AL on 3/15/05 11:48am
Msg #25546

I agree Art....n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.