faxbacks
Notary Discussion History

faxbacks
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Art_MD on 3/2/05 11:57am
Msg #23263

faxbacks

Everybody hates 'em.
When I have to faxs back, I make sure my fax machine prints out the transmission report. I attach this to my records of the closing.
If there is a question of wheter or not I faxed back the docs , I can verify that I sent x # of pages at y time to z fax number and w pages were sent.
One fax machine I use copies the cover page below the transmission info on the printout - love that machine!!.

Art

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/2/05 12:42pm
Msg #23272

Are people charging for faxbacks ...

... over n pages? If so, what is n and how much do you charge.

I, too, am weary of breaking the package apart, faxing pieces, etc.

Reply by Mike/NJ on 3/2/05 12:56pm
Msg #23276

Re: Are people charging for faxbacks ...

I have a fax back charge, but my biggest client just started asking for them now. So do you charge them and risk the business they give you? - I won't

I charge $1.00 per page over 10, It must be in the confirmation if fax back is needed. I only push this with a SS since they try and give you low fee to begin with.

My title company fee I will take the extra time and do it for free.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/2/05 12:57pm
Msg #23277

I typically don't charge for faxbacks when there's less than 10 pages. Then it's 15¢ per page after that. Most of the time, I tell the scheduler up-front I don't do fax backs if they want the docs back in a reasonable time frame. Exceptions are for purchases and other non-RTC loans.

Reply by anonym on 3/2/05 8:30pm
Msg #23339

Fact is, most companies do require that certain documents be faxed back to them. This is to benefit the borrowers to get their funding started as soon as possible. It is stupid to charge more to fax back documents because unfrotunately, this will risk your business with most companies.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 3/2/05 1:25pm
Msg #23285

Faxbacks charge

I assume at least a five page fax back, which is built into my base fee (regardless of toll free or toll number).

If I have a lender package that has a large fax back, or split faxes to two different numbers, I note that information. I ask the scheduler at the time of assigment if there are any faxbacks, estimate number of pages, and to how many places. The next time I receive an assignment call for that lender, I increase my "base fee" to cover the additional faxes, generally no more than $5 (toll call and time to sort, fax, and re-package pages).

Reply by Becca/FL on 3/2/05 8:51pm
Msg #23347

I do not fax back to SS's w/o charging an additional $15 fee.

I do however, fax back funding docs on an as needed basis to my Title Cos at no additional charge. The Title Cos I work for expect the extra work from me. That's why they use me time and time again. Face it, we perform a service and we charge accordingly. I will always go above and beyond for the Cos that I do regular work for. For my tried and true companies, I will always go the extra mile.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.