Notary Rotary
make 2 appoitments?
Notary Discussion History

make 2 appoitments?
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Confused/ calif on 3/19/05 9:38pm
Msg #26492

make 2 appoitments?

Just a quick question,,I think I know the answer but want to make sure I am correct,,
When doing a signing, and the wife is available one day and need to make an appointment for the husband a different day???
As I understand it, we have to have both together to sign at the same time... CORRECT or am I wrong? Because the right to cancel has to be in there and if you do 2 different signings, when would the right to cancel go into effect?
Never had this before....
Si

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/19/05 10:26pm
Msg #26497

If they are signing on different days - say husband on Day 1 and Wife on Day 2, you will need a separate notary certificate for each signer, as the date on the certificate must be the date the signer appeared before you.
Each person has a 3 day RTC and is from the day each one signed, so the husbands would be up the day before his wife's.

Does the company know they are signing on two different days and have they approved it.
(and no matter what the company tells you, the notary certificates for each one must be dated correctly)

Reply by Anonymous on 3/19/05 10:41pm
Msg #26500

Thank you... I have never had this come up before,, so thanks so much for your help!

Reply by Northern CA signer on 3/19/05 10:55pm
Msg #26501

Confused:

It is absolutely critical you follow the lender/signing services instructions. This is not a decision you should have to make. Tell whomever is employing you for this signing, and let them worry over it.

Reply by ANon/ calif on 3/20/05 2:15am
Msg #26506

Your right, its not my decision is it??? this is all new to me,, so thank you so much for your advise... I always thought they BOTH had to be there at the time of signing...

Reply by James McKinzie on 3/20/05 5:20am
Msg #26509

since you are in california, it does make a differance as to having two different dates on the loan. if they both can not make it at the same time. then makea appointment as to when they both will be their to do the signing. this way it all gets taken care of at one time.

Reply by Joseph_CA on 3/20/05 7:26am
Msg #26511

Are they paying you more for the extra trip on the second signer?

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/20/05 7:30am
Msg #26512

Anon,

The situation you are referring to is called a "split signing". If you want more info, do a search with these two words, although I believe that sylvia put it in a nutshell.

Reply by Make 2 Appoitments on 3/20/05 3:13pm
Msg #26542

Thank you all for your help,, like I said this is all NEW and you have all helped out so much,,
Thanks for all your responses!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.