Notary Rotary
notary question --need help
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by whitney on 3/2/05 10:16am
Msg #23229

do you have to notarize a real estate note?

Reply by Art_MD on 3/2/05 10:27am
Msg #23234

You notarize what has been designated by the title company/lender as needing notarization. They indicate this by putting the wording for your notary act in the appropriate place..

DON'T second quess. The answer to your question is no. UNLESS there is a space and the proper wording, then you notarize. I can't remember ever notarizing a note - in over 1000 closings.

Art

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/2/05 10:30am
Msg #23237

99.999% of the notes are not notarized. However, in VA some are, as there are some lenders who also require it. I think LA has some wording that a notary has to complete on notes. (Ninna???)

Reply by Everette/Va on 3/2/05 10:40am
Msg #23240

PAW is correct as to Virginia. Probably about a third of the ones I do require notarization
of the signatures on the note.

Reply by Mysti_FL on 3/2/05 2:19pm
Msg #23292

Re: How about Confirmations (Didn't Say Title)

I had a refi yesterday that the title company wanted me to return the signed Title Confirmation. Well, I searched the pkg and thought I must not be understanding. Is the "Confirmation" the same as the "Title Confirmation"? There was not only no spot for a notarization, there was no spot for a signature.

Am I misunderstanding?
Mysti

Reply by Becca/Fl on 3/2/05 8:33pm
Msg #23341

Mysti - Maybe you are thinking of OR maybe they meant to say the Title Commitment. Call me any time if you have questions. You have my number.

Reply by Mysti_FL on 3/2/05 9:38pm
Msg #23356

Becca, I don't have your number!
Mysti

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/2/05 8:45pm
Msg #23346

Re: Is this for a test you're taking? N/M

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.