Notary Discussion History

notary signing
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 3/30/05 7:47pm
Msg #28690

notary signing

I am a new notary and a friend called and needs her signature
notarized on a apartment agreement stating it is her. I am not
sure what wording to use. I live in ca. Thank you.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/30/05 9:32pm
Msg #28707

You would take an acknowledgment of the apartment agreement. OR if California laws allow a notary public to just 'witness signatures' like in MA, then you should just do that.

The wording should be similar to this:

State of California

_____________, ss

On this ____ day of _______________________ 20___, before me, the undersigned authority, personally appeared ________(Your friend's name here)_____________, proved to me through evidence of identification, which were ____(Personal Knowledge)__________, to be the person whose name is signed on the attached document, and acknowledged to me that (he) (she) signed it voluntarily for its stated purpose.

======
Korey

Reply by Hampton/CA on 3/30/05 9:35pm
Msg #28711

In CA, you cannot decide on which certificate to use. You may explain what each is, but the document preparer/owner is the person who chooses which notorial act to use, whether an acknowledgment or a jurat.

Reply by Anonymous on 3/30/05 11:35pm
Msg #28746

What you are suggesting is UPL -- even in Massachusettes. A notary cannot recommend or decide what has to be used. Only the signer can. If you don't know what you're doing, then stop doing it. And stop trying to tell others to do things that are wrong and illegal.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 3/31/05 12:46am
Msg #28766

in CA it is up to the document signer to tell you what kind of notarization they want. If your friend doesn't know she needs to contact the recieving agency and have them specify which one.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/30/05 11:48pm
Msg #28750

WRONG!!!

Are you a California notary? No. Should you be giving advice to California notaries since you CLEARLY don't have the first clue as to what wording is legal in this state? No.

I know you like to flaunt your vast amount of knowledge and prove what a know it all you are, but please stop telling people in other states how to commit illegal notarizations.

By the way, how come you stopped linking your profile to your posts in here? I'm sure it's not at all related to your profile (or several other MA notaries) no longer appearing in the search results when somebody searches by zip, right? Just a mere coincidence and technical error I'm sure.

To quote you, ROFL. 8-D.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/31/05 12:33am
Msg #28764

Alas, at least one listing is still there.

If you search for Ayer, MA 01432 you'll see the FREE listing. It looks as if the person's name has been removed, but, unfortunately, there is still the FREE listing. There are some paid listings for the same geographical area, but the FREE listing is still there pointing at the same Web Site which does list the name. I guess basic listings are still FREE.

(Anybody notice anything in each of the foregoing sentences? [Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.])

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/31/05 1:15am
Msg #28769

FYI:

I found a way to block my personal information from being searched through.

I did this by clicking on a box that reads: "Hide profile from searches" in the page where you edit your profile.

This option will allow only signing companies who log in too see my listing. I am going to be here on this board, however I have decided to change my forums alias. You'll no longer see my posts as 'Korey Humphreys'. BTW, Brenda and Cali..... I love talking to you on the other notary forum!! Keep up the good work! Smiley

Have a good day everyone!!

Reply by Anonymous on 3/31/05 8:21am
Msg #28787

Re: YIPPEEEE

We won't have to read any more free adverstising click on my name to view my website posts

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/31/05 10:51am
Msg #28816

Re: Alas, at least one listing is still there.

Whoosh. This one went right over my head as I'm not seeing anything in the search results. Care to elaborate?

Reply by Anon. on 3/31/05 11:13am
Msg #28827

Re: Alas, at least one listing is still there.

Korey's right.

If you click the box in your profile view you can hide your identity from searches. The only users that may access the information are companies that sign in.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 3/31/05 2:21pm
Msg #28886

Your IP is showing!

Off course you would think Korey's right and state so publicly because he is nothing more than your alter ego. You didn't even go through an anonymous proxy server.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.