signingagent.com
Notary Discussion History

signingagent.com
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by DorisCA on 3/28/05 5:01pm
Msg #28076

signingagent.com

Hi Everybody,
I am trying to sign with this company. I am right to say that you have to pay 39.00 for one year? Do I have to be a member of NNA?
Thank you

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 3/28/05 5:07pm
Msg #28079

You have to join the NNA and I think you have to join The Notary Signing Agent part to have access to signingagent.com

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/28/05 5:44pm
Msg #28087

Doris
signingagent.com is the signing agent section of the NNA. To join signingagent.com, you have to pay for a membership to the NNA plus to the signing agent section.

Reply by DorisCA on 3/28/05 5:55pm
Msg #28093

Is it worth it? How much money are we talking about?

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/28/05 6:33pm
Msg #28098

Do a search on the NNA on this board. You'll find lots of wildly varying opinions about their business operations.

Reply by John_NorCal on 3/28/05 8:48pm
Msg #28123

Hi Doris,
As others have stated, you do need to be a member of NNA and take and pass the certification course in order to be listed on signingagent.com. I took the course last month, solely because I have been out of the business for a little while and am in the process of getting back in. The benefit to NNA, in my opinion, is the the name recognition. I think they have a long way to go as far as being an advocate for notaries.
With that being said, since I joined them last month, I have had 2 requests for signings. Both of the calls were generated from their site. So it might be worth your while to start with them. Now seeing all that Notary Rotary offers, it will behoove you to join this forum as a premier member. I intend to do so.
Best of luck!

Reply by CarolynCO on 3/28/05 9:09pm
Msg #28125

I did not renew, but I believe it is also more than $39/year.

Reply by jojo_MN on 3/28/05 9:30pm
Msg #28127

If you want to know the fees, go the the National Notary Association website. All fees are listed there. If you want to be listed on Signingagent.com, you have to have a NNA membership and the NSA membership. Plan on approximately $80/year. In addition, if you want their certified designation, you have to pay to take the course, pay to take the test, then take a re-certification course and re-test every two years. At a fee (of course). They know SA's (like myself) will continually pay each year because the name of their association alone (NNA) seems to stand out with lenders and TC's looking for notaries. (I get most of my business through signingagent.com.)

Next on my list is Notary Rotary. I have a lot of respect for this website (I spend most of my off-time on it), so I upgraded to Premier just to support the site.

Good luck, and have a nice evening.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.