Notary Rotary
starting out $
Notary Discussion History

starting out $
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by pebow on 3/9/05 4:47pm
Msg #24598

starting out $

taking it slow signing a few docs a week how much will i earn i know it will mostly depend on the company.
but, anyone have a average?

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 3/9/05 4:55pm
Msg #24600

On average I make up too $350 - 400 a week just for notary public work.

I'm sure other notaries make a heck of alot more, but I do have other work obligations I must attend too. Therefore my time for "basic" notary work is almost obsolete.

Reply by Carole/nj on 3/9/05 11:00pm
Msg #24645

Korey, that is wonderful...350 a week..I would be thrilled. How many hours do you spend doing that, and what is notary public work? Help, I am so excited to learn I may have found a place for myself.
Thanks so much

Reply by fiKS on 3/10/05 1:10am
Msg #24675

Not to burst your bubble Carole, but you should read this entire forum from the very beginning before quitting your day job and jumping in. Some areas of the country are more saturated than others. You'll find out very quickly that NNA gives out deceiving information. You should find out how many signing agents are in your area. In some areas there are hundreds within a 20 mile zone.

p/s By reading previous posts, you'll also be able to decide what information, from whom are credible, and which ones to take with a grain of salt.

Reply by Roger/OH on 3/9/05 6:34pm
Msg #24610

Since you set your own fees and schedule, only you can determine what you will earn. Variables such as working for an ss or a title company, emailed docs, etc will factor into your amount as well. Sounds like you're starting off right by not trying to do too much until you have more experience. Just don't ever take less than $50 for any signing. Good luck.

Reply by fiKS on 3/10/05 12:59am
Msg #24673

Pebow - if you think you can get a few docs a week, you should be able to figure out how much money you'll make a week.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.