Notary Rotary
title company
Notary Discussion History

title company
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by MelissaNV on 3/17/05 10:48pm
Msg #26189

title company

What is the best way to contact title companies for work? E-mail, fax, phone? Any majic words to get to talk to the actual person who would hiring?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/17/05 10:57pm
Msg #26192

Re: title company: Magic words

"I have done 3,284 closings in the 7 years I've been a notary signing agent."

Reply by MelissaNV on 3/17/05 11:07pm
Msg #26194

My question is: when I am looking at the title co web page, do I just send a email to anyone or is there a specific department?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/17/05 11:17pm
Msg #26196

Re: title company email

The following is NOT intended as an insult or a challenge to your qualifications, just an observation.

Other people have posted strong suggestions that NSAs not approach title companies without a hundred (or more) successful signings under their belts. According to posts here, signing services tend to be more forgiving than title companies.

Email to "Vendor relations" or "QC" is a good bet.

Reply by SL/CA on 3/17/05 11:19pm
Msg #26198

Those are the Magic words? What does that have to do with her question... just asking ...Maybe I missed something.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/18/05 1:30am
Msg #26208

It's his way of saying that it's not magic that gets us the work, it's experience. Title companies want lots of it.

If you still want magic words may I suggest Flippety Floppety Floop?

Reply by CA_EJ on 3/18/05 2:31am
Msg #26212

Since I am relatively new also, I have found that the companies online will offer an application that you may submit via fax, mail or email. The options will be listed clearly. Good luck to you, and don't be discouraged! The calls will come when you least expect them.

Reply by v on 3/18/05 6:22am
Msg #26215

Re: title company

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/18/05 8:53am
Msg #26235

Melissa,

I appreciate that a lot of people have bashed Victoria Ring in the past, and I must admit that by and large I usually fully agree with their criticism. However, that being said, she put something out entitled "How a Notary Signing Agent Can Earn More Money Working Directly for Mortgage and Title Companies" (copyrighted August 2004), which I purchased a number of months ago. I must say it had a lot of very good ideas and solid suggestions.

And it wasn't really that expensive - I think maybe ten bucks. Nor is it that long - about fifteen pages. I would recommend purchasing it. Her web site is as follows:

http://www.50statenotary.com

Reply by Cheryl_NV on 3/18/05 9:25am
Msg #26240

I am looking @ the web site and do not see this particular book. Any help would be appreciated

Reply by BrendaTX on 3/18/05 9:38am
Msg #26244

Agree, Ted

No matter what issues one has with VRing regarding the NSA criticism, the fact remains that she is a marketing savant. She knows how to market both online and in real time. The booklet is a good one. (If you cannot find the book, email VR and she'll send you a link.)

Another good read for those wanting to become mobile notaries is Laura Vestanan's booklet. It is also around $10. Laura has been published in periodicals and by a major book publisher. She's no shabby writer. See: http://professionalnotary.com/7.html

For $20, you can download a book from http://www.amrnotary.com on being an NSA. It's another good overview of the how-to's of the business.

The SigningRegistry.com has a very detailed book that covers both marketing and the NSA how-to's. http://www.signingregistry.com.

Reply by MelissaNV on 3/18/05 10:30am
Msg #26254

I think that I was misunderstood

No where did I say that I was unexperienced, I have done at least 200 or more loan docs. I am just used to people seeking me out, I am new at marketing myself. I will look into purchasing the books. My question was really about the title companies web sites and if I needed to go to the employment tab and apply or just randomly send emails to whomever.

I guess I was trying to play into the new light and fluffy atmosphere of the forum with the "magic words".

Thank you all for your suggestions.
Melissa

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/18/05 3:52pm
Msg #26326

Re: I think that I was misunderstood

Melissa,

Although only fifteen pages long, Victoria Ring's pamphlet is very detailed, and I would imagine it would specifically answer the question you have posed.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/18/05 10:14pm
Msg #26379

Yes, Melissa, I misunderstood.

CaliNotary had it exactly right. I thought you were inexperienced, and were about to get in over your head by contacting title and mortgage companies, etc., before you had a lot of signings under your belt. I apologize.

Reply by MelissaNV on 3/18/05 11:03pm
Msg #26386

Re: Yes, Melissa, I misunderstood.

I have been a notary for over 2 years now at my UPS store in Reno. Hate the store, but have really enjoyed the notary. We do over $600 in notary business a month. Today, I swear I did my first RTC, could not convince the signers to fill in the date on the RTC, he even called the lender himself, the guy told him to just initiial it. It didn't require me to sign, so I didn't push it. This signing made me $28 and I have to pay UPS 8.5% of that, I can't wait to sell this death trap and go on to working on my own.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.