where's has Hugh been? n/m
Go Back to March, 2005 Index

Posted by mike mchenry on 3/2/05 3:23pm
Msg #23300

where's has Hugh been? n/m

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/2/05 3:28pm
Msg #23303

Re: where's has Hugh been?

heh, who knows, maybe he found the divorcee with the liquor store and the trust fund that he has been looking for so long and now is off on a tropical beach with her sipping pin~a coladas. *S*

Reply by Claudia-NJ on 3/2/05 3:31pm
Msg #23304

Re: where's has Hugh been?

Please guys... let's not forget the Bass Boat....

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/2/05 3:34pm
Msg #23305

Re: AAhh yes....... the bass boat; sorry 'bout that n/m

Reply by Becca/FL on 3/2/05 8:36pm
Msg #23342

I concur; he must have found a busty, petite woman with a trust fund, liquor store and a bass boat. Why else would he leave us in the dust?

Reply by HisHughness on 3/2/05 9:59pm
Msg #23363

I'm still around, still helping LOs screw widows, orphans and octogenarians, and -- fortunately for all those righteous members of the distaff persuasion -- still searching for something soft and yielding to rest my tired and hoary head on at night. I check in occasionally, as I did tonight, to see if something productive, something other than a requested answer to an SA exam question, is being posted. Most of the time, as the experienced members of the forum know, it is not.

I just got mind-numbingly weary of the insipidness of most of the recent exchanges, and of the mind-set that produces them. The following post is typical of why I have found far better things to do of late:

***Man, I read and read these posts and Ted_MI, I must say, you are probably the most pessimistic, arrogant person on NotaryRotary. Not only do you act as if you know "it" all, but you consistantly try to "twist" the knife, with your little remarks like ..."With all due respect, I think you can appreciate that you really don't have any basis for having a gripe".

But instead of saying something positive and give an example or alternative like others...instead of agreeing 100% with blah, blah, blah....maybe show some compassion and not be a jackass if you can.***

Ted, of course, besides being one of the best-qualified members of this forum -- he is an attorney -- is also one of the more thoughtful, restrained, and compassionate members. His addition to the board added a dimension that has substantially enhanced it. There are others who have joined in recent months who also make -- or did make, before they got drowned out by the NNA's Drool & Diaper Brigade -- fine contributions when they address the finer points of signing agentry.

Myself, I couldn't take it anymore. I found that instead of dealing with issues of substance, I was so disillusioned by what has happened here that I was using NotRot for keyboarding stand up comedy. That was a disservice to all concerned; it was approaching the point where my posts advanced discussion about as much as the those of the mushbrain quoted above.

So, I've been spending my time on another site, which has some real promise. You can find it at wwwidows.areallthoseluridrumorstrue.org\y.

Reply by Hampton/CA on 3/2/05 10:23pm
Msg #23369

"You can find it at wwwidows.areallthoseluridrumorstrue.org\y."

Their sister site is www.myexwifetookallmymoney.dammit

It's why I can't afford to visit wwwidows.areallthoseluridrumorstrue.org\y.

Reply by mike mchenry on 3/2/05 11:47pm
Msg #23379

that's the hugh i know and love! lol

Reply by Becca/FL on 3/3/05 12:06am
Msg #23380

Oh, thank you my dear...

you know, I love you AND you make me laugh uncontrolably!

Thanks, I needed that. Ahhh

Reply by Ernest_CT on 3/3/05 12:43am
Msg #23389

Ahhh. Got my daily Hugh fix.

I'd been twitching uncontrollably, muttering things like "Eschew obfuscation", putting commas and apostrophes in magazine articles, and yelling at the TV every time some moron newscaster .... Well, never mind. Hugh's back and all's right with the world.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 3/3/05 8:45am
Msg #23414

I Can Relate...

...to your "mind-numbingly weary" comment on the current state of affairs on this & other related message boards. You have a way of turning a phrase like no one else, Hugh. Welcome back to the dregs!

Reply by LawrenceOK on 3/3/05 9:45am
Msg #23419

Re: I Can Relate...

Hugh is so right. Have any of you noticed all the "newones" (Hugh hates a certin word) on both of the boards that most of us visit. And all STILL asking the basic questions. I look every morning to see if I can learn something new, or for new twists on how to handle certin situations, or to reply when and if I can help and to add my two cents worth, sometimes appreciated and sometimes not. I have learned from some of the older members here far more then any book can teach. I have been blasted for some of my posts and learned something from it, like I no longer submit contracts of my own to signing companies and business picked up because of that. People like Hugh, Ted, Paw, Sylvia, Dennis and even Calinotary just to name a few are assest to the forums. THANKS ALL OF YOU.

Reply by Jon on 3/3/05 10:47am
Msg #23423

I Concur...

Hugh, you have vocalized(or is it typed??) my exact thoughts over the past week.

Reply by Ted_MI on 3/3/05 9:01pm
Msg #23536

Re: Hugh, thanks for the compliment n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.