Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
24/7 under new management this past month???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Ny Notary on 5/6/05 5:42pm
Msg #36324

Rec'd call from 24/7. I immediately turned them down. They have been on my black list for a long time. I explained the problems in the past, and their reputation. They tried to tell me that they are under new management; owner is a notary who used to perform signings. They have new people in accounting and have gone through restructuring. They almost suckered me in. But then they went in to how they want a phone call when I have confirmed with the borrower, when I receive the docs, after the closing, also required docs to be faxed back... they also said they pay $25 for refusal to sign closings.
Forget it. I have been in this business for too long to deal with that much work for a company whose reputation is as terrible as theirs!

Reply by Sarah on 5/6/05 5:48pm
Msg #36325

They'd have to work pretty hard and for a reasonable length of time to change their bad reputation for me to ever take anything from them again. I'm very suspicious about this "new management" stuff. Sounds like another line of b------ like the ones I heard about not getting paid. I don't trust them.

Reply by 24/7 on 5/6/05 5:54pm
Msg #36326

Heya,

We are under new management. Me. And I am dedicated to the notary as much as the client. Refusals pay a full fee (pre-agreed with the notary when the order is assigned) as long as the notary calls from the refusal. I'm not quite sure where you received the $25 information but I followed up with my staff and made sure that this is not the information we are giving. The company was previously a partner ownership and is now owned by a single entity. The two of us are dedicated to a flawless signing management company that benefits all of our clients (including notary's.)

With regards to faxed documentation: we require this for notaries that we do not have a standing relationship with. As the relationship between my company and the notary grows and becomes more familiar we do not require faxed documentation. This is simply a way to guarantee service to our other clients. In the long run this actually benefits the notary. Who really wants to be bothered with acknowledgements or borrower's initials a week after the fact? Fixing it on the spot is ideal.

Oh, and anyone looking for signings please let us know!

Thanks for your time,

24-7 Management

Reply by Ny Notary on 5/6/05 6:02pm
Msg #36328

I was told 24/7 was not only under new management but had a new owner.

I guess I just don't understand why anyone reputable would take over this company. Why not start your very own company, one with a clean slate? It is too suspicious. Any company could say they are under new management, could say they are working hard to have flawless signings. However, anyone who has been in this business and is experienced (which is how you get your flawless signings) knows 24/7 cannot be trusted.

Maybe I was wrong about the $25 fee, there was such a list of your expectations being rattled off on the phone I could have been mistaken.

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/6/05 6:03pm
Msg #36329

So then what's the deal with all the phone calls you require? The signing companies I work for call me to set up the appointment and that's it. They trust that I will call them if I don't receive the docs or have problems scheduling with the borrower; they don't need a phone call after every step in the process. Do you really require a phone call after the appt is set and after the docs are received?

And while we're at it, are you still a $50 company? Why don't you pay a better wage so you can get better notaries?

Reply by NY Notary on 5/6/05 6:19pm
Msg #36332

CaliNotary-- I second that!

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 5/6/05 6:39pm
Msg #36334

I am glad you responded. I have a question. Your office called my office for a closing attorney two weeks ago. I indicated at the time I accepted the assignment that I require payment within 30 days. I was assured that would not be a problem. I explained that I wanted a statement in the confirmation that payment would be forthcoming within 30 days. I was told that would not be a problem. The closing was rescheduled for the following Tuesday. There was also difficulty in downloading the edocs. Your office indicated that it would overnight the documents to me. I again indicated that I wanted the written statement indicating that payment would be forthcoming within 30 days. I was told that that would not be a problem again, and that your accounting dept would be notified to issue the statement. Your office sent nothing. By Monday I had not received the document package. I emailed your office to inquire as to their status. I was told that they would be sent. By 10:30 AM Tuesday the documents had not arrived. The borrower called me to ask if the closing was going forward. I had no information to give her. The Loan officer then called me with the same question. I had no information to give him. He put me on hold while he called your office. When he returned to the phone he indicated that your office had hired amnother attorney without telling me. I waited 5 hours for a document package that your office never had any intention of sending. My question is, why was I not given the courtesy of a telephone call to notify me of your change in plans. My time is billed at $200 per hour. As far as I am concerned your office's conduct cost me $1,000. I think it will be a long time before I would trust your firm again.

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/6/05 7:29pm
Msg #36339

Sounds like they haven't changed their practices at all. We're supposed to call them a zillion times during the course of the signing, but they can't even be bothered to tell you that they didn't need you anymore. If we're not serving their immediate purpose then they couldn't give a flying f*** about us.

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/6/05 9:33pm
Msg #36369

Kevin, I appreciate your candidness...

I was called about two weeks ago and requested payment to be overnighted w/ the docs. They said they could not do this and I thanked them for the call and terminated.

I felt badly about this and worried that I had done the wrong thing. I feel better now!

Reply by anonymous on 5/7/05 12:00am
Msg #36390

To 24/7

First, in your post you stated that it was owned by a single entity, but then you went on to say the 2 of us...

Reply by SoCalMisty on 5/7/05 12:33am
Msg #36395

Re: To 24/7

I agree with NY Notary. Why in the WORLD would someone take over a company and a company name with such a bad rap? Why not just start your own? Sounds like a mad load of Hokey to me.

Reply by anon on 5/10/05 10:44pm
Msg #37058

Same owner, one bought out the other. Nothing will change.

Reply by Karian/NY on 5/7/05 1:56pm
Msg #36434

It seems that the old management, at least Liz and Andy (Accounting) have morphed into a new company called Notary Biz. So far, you would not be able to tell the difference with all the phone calls, etc. Andy did say, however, that he planned on paying notaries after 30 days....hope this is true and that Notary Biz is not just a twin of 24/7.....

Reply by NY Notary on 5/10/05 2:10pm
Msg #36958

Unbeliveable...
I just got a closing package today for Closing USA. I called them to inquire why I was receiving this packet... I had no confirmation and no appt scheduled for today. They said 24/7 set up the appt!! No Way!
I explained I did not and will not take an appt from 24/7 due to their reputation.
I gave Closing USA my phone number to call me back and let me know what to do with the paperwork. They called back and said they would have another notary pick the the docs.
Poor poor notary. I will be sure and let them know when they come they are probably working for free this evening.
I can't believe it!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.