ALL NOTARIES: ANOTHER EXCELLENT SITE
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by IPS on 5/22/05 1:21pm
Msg #39590

Hello,

Notary Rotary is one of the best sites (as we all know) and now I just stumbled upon another great site: http://www.notaryindex.com .

I signed up for a Gold listing yesterday morning, and I kid you not, I recieved two calls by the end of the night.

FYI---- the notary index is brought to you by the creators of http://www.notary4hire.com .

The key to success in this business is to market! market! market! 8-D

Reply by PAUL2/FL on 5/22/05 2:40pm
Msg #39591

This has all the earmarks of someone advertizing on this forum! Who is "Anonymous"?

Reply by HisHughness on 5/22/05 3:04pm
Msg #39592

Dunno who "Anonymous" is, but I do know I have been listed on that site for a long time, and as far as I can recall, I've never received a call from anyone who found me there. In fact, I don't recall ever having seen anyone who was referred to my web site from there.

On the other hand, it is free. If there was no cost, I'd have "Signing Agents of Austin" plastered all over every whorehouse, outhouse and jail cell in Texas.

Reply by Melody on 5/22/05 4:36pm
Msg #39596

"If there was no cost, I'd have "Signing Agents of Austin" plastered all over every whorehouse, outhouse and jail cell in Texas."

So now we know how you would enhance your social life.

What would you do to get notary work?

;-)

Reply by TN Notary on 5/23/05 8:09am
Msg #39650

I signed up with them 2 years ago. I do not believe I ever got a call from them either.

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/22/05 6:17pm
Msg #39602

That 8-D looks awfully familiar. I hope he who shall not be named isn't raising his fat and extremely ugly head in here again.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 5/22/05 8:27pm
Msg #39607

Funny Cali... I thought the same thing. n/m

Reply by Sam on 5/22/05 7:02pm
Msg #39605

***notary index is brought to you by the creators of http://www.notary4hire.com ***

That is reason enough for me to stay away. I sent them several e-mails about their "easy to use" web pages. Nary a reply. I won't waste my time or $.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/22/05 10:18pm
Msg #39620

THE BANNED ONE IS BACK!

Click on IPS and you'll see that Korey Humphries is behind this nonsense!

Reply by Negretes Notary Service on 5/22/05 10:35pm
Msg #39624

THIS IS ADVERTISING

Stop posting advertisment here whomever you are.

Reply by Melody on 5/22/05 10:55pm
Msg #39626

Re: THIS IS ADVERTISING - you should know!

Back down, Negretes.

You do plenty of advertising on this board yourself when you post that you are looking for NSAs to register with your SS.

Korey is a twit. Regardless, you are out of line.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/22/05 11:27pm
Msg #39629

Melody
There is a difference. Tony is offering work, and as his signing service has a good reputation, it is a benefit to the signing agents on here to know he is looking for more signing agents.

(He is one of the SS that pay on time and the agreed fee)

Reply by John_NorCal on 5/23/05 12:00am
Msg #39631

There is definitely a difference between someone who offers work and someone who wants to sell or promote a service. I hope Harry will get rid of the twit again

Reply by Teasa/NY on 5/23/05 6:37am
Msg #39641

Re: Isn't notary4hire KH's site???

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/23/05 6:52am
Msg #39642

Re: Isn't notary4hire KH's site??? -- NO ...

Notary4Hire (http://www.notary4hire.com) is a FREE service to the Notary Public community, offering free webpages, email, etc. providing webhosting. IT IS NOT KOREY'S. He simply has a webpage there as do many other notaries. (The preceding is not an advertisement for Notary4Hire. Just a clarification as to not give the site and the owners a bad name or reputation.)

Reply by caroleMI on 5/23/05 7:31am
Msg #39646

Re: Isn't notary4hire KH's site??? -- NO ...

It is Korey though

Reply by AMY_FL on 5/23/05 8:35am
Msg #39652

Sylvia,

It is just so funny how you allow some to advertise and some you pretty much kick out of this board!?
Technically this board shouldn't be about personal preferences! but you are defending some and criticizing others for doing the exact same thing!!!!

EVERYONE that adds a link to a website on this board should be treated the same way!
There are plenty other SS that pay on time and pay the agreed fee and yet those are not allowed to post here!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reply by John_FL on 5/23/05 11:36am
Msg #39668

Oh, come on Amy...two links are not the same. Sylvia is right on.

There is a huge difference between a signing company trying to hire notaries and someone trying to sell something.

Everyone posting a link should not be treated the same because they are not the same...different motives = different treatment

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/23/05 11:40am
Msg #39669

Re: THIS IS not ADVERTISING

I completely agree!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/23/05 11:46am
Msg #39670

Re: THIS IS ADVERTISING - you should know! - Amy

Excuse me? I do not allow or disallow anyone to advertise on here. I have not the authority to kick anyone off this board. (If I had I can think of some I would certainly kick off - those that are "trolling" for arguments, such as yourself)

All I pointed out was that Tony Negrete was offering notaries work. No-one ever objects when someone is offering work, but a lot do object when someone is looking to take money from notaries.

Reply by AMY_FL on 5/23/05 12:35pm
Msg #39676

Sylvia,

I am not looking for arguments!
Regardless of the fact that he is offering work or not, there were others that did that too and got nowhere, I saw other posts that asked if notaries were available for closings and nobody answered?!!?

Oh,..................and how exactly is this: ""take money from notaries."" You want to tell me that everybody that sees a website jumpes to spend money on whatever that website offers?

Well, that will only show that some people just can't keep their wallets closed!
This stands valid not just for this discussion, but for everything else, you want to tell me that you go to the grocery store and you just have to buy everything!?>?!?!

I think (my opinion, 1st amendment) that most people that put a website here is to give otehr the opportunity to see what else is out there!
I don't think I have seen a post that said: "unless you will buy something from this website, you will never catch tomorrow again!!!"""LOL, I am sorry but that just makes me laugh!

I think you are afraid of competition, and since there are a tone of signing agencies everywhere you probably are trying very hard to stay on the market and get as much business as you can, which by the way is ok!!!! but I think there is room for everyone! and I also think that as a signing agency you do what youre suppose to be doing, you shouldn't be afraid of the competition!

Just accept it exists!

Actually, I don't think there is anyone here that is trying to argue with others...........it is the fact that like you, some get agravated that otehr have different opinions and views about things!!!!!

Take a deep breath, nobody is arguing!
It is a message board, it is meant for OPINIONS!!!!!

Amy

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/23/05 1:16pm
Msg #39688

Amy
Did it ever occur to you that there were no replies to those messages because there wasn't a notary reading this board that was available - or maybe they responded privately??

You will find that most of the time those promoting websites (and usually anonymously) are the ones making money off the websites. There is always someone out there wanting to make a buck or two off of us.

As for competition?? What ever gives you the impression I am afraid of competition? Competition is healthy!

I will even help signing agents in my own area if they ask me for help. The title companies I work with as a signing service have all expressed satisfaction with my signing service and I have no need to worry about losing their business.

Opinions, are like a**holes, everybody has one, and is entitled to one (and they all stink).

Incidentally, I am not the only one who pointed out that advertising that they have work for notaries is far different than advertising a website that benefits the person advertising. Yet, you chose to jump on my post. So, I have to ask, who put a bee in your butt.

Reply by AMY_FL on 5/23/05 1:36pm
Msg #39697

"""who put a bee in your butt."""NOONE, but i am reading posts around here and I see it happen?
I am seeing some that advertise just fine and other chastized for it!!!!!
As for Opinions: ""Opinions, are like a**holes, everybody has one, and is entitled to one (and they all stink)"""

Explain that again?

I just want to make sure I know what you meant?!!!!!!!!!!!????

Reply by Teasa/NY on 5/23/05 2:01pm
Msg #39707

Opinion Quote

Sylvia, I am not one to correct you but per the movie, Home for the Holidays, one of my favorites, I think it goes like this: "Opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one and NO one thinks their's stinks. Sorry couldn't resist.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/23/05 2:21pm
Msg #39710

Re: Opinion Quote - Teasa

I haven't seen that movie Teasa, I heard the quote somewhere, and obviously Amy hasn't heard it or she would not need an explanation.

How old is the movie and who is in it? I should, maybe, add it to my list of movies I want to see.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 5/23/05 2:42pm
Msg #39719

Re: Opinion Quote - Teasa

It's old, maybe 90's sometime. Holly Hunter, Robert Downey, Jr., Anne Bancroft, etc. Jody Foster did it. It's about a thanksgiving weekend with a big dysfunctional family. My favorite. Kind of like this site and those pesky opinions. Anyway, the father (can't remember actor's name) said that quote at the table because you know, everyone was fighting. Anyway, I like your opinion better, you know getting paid whether the title co. pays or not. HELLLOO Lady!

Reply by Joe Antonucci on 5/23/05 8:16am
Msg #39651

I just logged on to this site to check it out...looks good but when I pulled up a county, zip code, and radius I got a list of notaries. However, when I randomly went down the list to get info on inidividuals all I got was,...This page cannot be displayed." (not good!) I tried again at another time and got another excuse whey they could not be displayed! Sounds like someone's getting the gold mine and the notary signups are getting the shaft!

Reply by MI_Notary on 5/23/05 3:23pm
Msg #39736

I have also never seen this particular site in any of my searches on the major search engines. Must be why no one receives phone calls. I did sign up for the free membership, so we'll see if any calls come from it. (btw.. I have no affiliation... just thought what the heck since it was free.) I wouldn't put out any cash though.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/23/05 3:44pm
Msg #39763

In the past there have been quite a few signing agents posting they have got work through their premiere listing on here.

I know I often use this site when I need a signing agent.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.