Notary Rotary
Another Dead Beat Signing Service
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Tess/ME on 5/13/05 5:12pm
Msg #37604

United Notaries has owed me since 3/16 & I was told before I agreed to the assignment that they paid "within 30 days" I even checked out the search engine on both Notary Rotary & GMN & read good things about them.
Well, looks like someone must have gotten really lucky because I can't even get any "civil" answers from this company. Even telling them I was going to post their nonpayment practices on the message boards didn't do any good.
But, if they don't pay us if won't be long before they will be going the way of some of the other SS that we refuse to do business with. And I know that I can contact their SOS in Colorado and hopefully "put a bug in his/her ear" about them too.

Reply by Mary Pierce/PA on 5/13/05 5:31pm
Msg #37607

I won't work for them anymore. They screwed around with me and I had to have my attorney send a note to get payment. They finally did pay after a couple of times.

Reply by Mysti_FL on 5/13/05 11:09pm
Msg #37692

Here's their response to me (on April 30, 2005) after about the third time asking why there was such a delay in payment (they owe me from the one I did on March 25, 2005 (I sent a second request on April 21):

"Our payments for march go out at the end of the month, or if you will on Monday. If you haven't received your check by Friday, then please call me. Our checks for this month's signings will go out at the end of May. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Thanks for the email (we love hearing from our notaries)."

This was from Crawford Boyd.

I've yet to be paid for March. I guess I'll call him every Monday until I get paid!
Mysti

Reply by Barry on 5/14/05 12:56am
Msg #37710

A couple of thoughts: if you have a legal plan, like pre-paid legal, it might behoove you to have them write a letter to the SS. A letter of complaint to the BBB and a letter of complaint to the state attorney general's office would also be good ideas. The sooner these so-called deadbeat companies are caught, the less financial damage they can do to the rest of us.

Reply by HisHughness on 5/25/05 10:26pm
Msg #40426

Barry recommends:

***...a letter of complaint to the state attorney general's office would also be good ideas.***

Why on earth would you recommend a letter of complaint to the state attorney general?

Reply by Jennifer Miller on 5/14/05 9:46am
Msg #37753

I know how you feel. I did 3 closings for the company at the end of January, I called, sent invoices etc. One day in May I finally received a check for all 3 closings.

Well that will be the last time that I work for them. Can we add late fees to our bills?

Reply by Tess/ME on 5/14/05 9:49am
Msg #37754

From what I understand we can add late fees, fees for the extra time & effort, etc. but if we aren't going to get the original fee that was agreed to by them how could we expect to collect additional monies. I'm happy for the fact that I was able to collect from other "dead beats" and that this is the only one (at this moment) that I am having a problem with.

Reply by unknown on 5/17/05 1:39pm
Msg #38358

I am just wondering, has anyone NEVER received payment from United Notaries. I have been collecting from other companies that has NEVER paid and went out of business. Now I know they pay slooowww but I can say they pay. I think we are focusing tooo much energy on slow paying companies. If we really are that unhappy with these companies than we should start our own company. Lets try not to complain about others until we have walked in there shoes.....JUST SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Reply by Anonymous on 5/17/05 2:16pm
Msg #38383

I have been doing signings for about a year. I did 2 signings for a company in February. I fianally received a check for both of them on 5/10; Oh, yes, I made a ton of calls. Yes, I got all the excuses you can imagine; but I did get it. I did a signing for another company who went bellyup and never got my money. I guess it is the hazards of having a business of your own. This may be a small consolaton but you can always write-off on your taxes.

Reply by CAtitlegal on 5/25/05 5:56pm
Msg #40401

I so appreciate site, and the comments. I just received a call from this SS, and I'm turning it down. Postings this recent about non-paying SS SAVE me money - income never collected is costly.

Reply by unknown on 5/26/05 4:56pm
Msg #40620

If you need this to save you money, you might want to re-think your own self. NO WONDER

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/26/05 5:03pm
Msg #40621

Re: No wonder what??????????????

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/26/05 5:06pm
Msg #40623

Re: No wonder what??????????????

I am wondering why an SS would out and out lie and say the check is in the mail. And or ignore your inquires about payment. Bad business practice if you ask me.

Reply by CAtitlegal on 5/26/05 5:38pm
Msg #40630

Good grief....another thing to "wonder" about....n/m

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/26/05 5:42pm
Msg #40633

Re: yup I am still wondering about the unknown poster.

and what on earth their post means

Reply by CAtitlegal on 5/26/05 6:27pm
Msg #40640

Who knows...didn't think I had been on the board long enough to be spewed at. Guess it goes to show you - you never know when you'll hit a 'virtual nerve' via message boards. Still, I stick to my original post - I'm thankful for the info on this site Smiley

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/26/05 7:52pm
Msg #40662

I think it means "you better check yo'self before you wreck yo'self". It has much more emphasis if it's said with a neck roll and a snap at the end. Mmmmm hmmmmm.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/26/05 6:56pm
Msg #40650

I hear you. I gave a bad rep SS a chance and I am paying for it now. Never again Smiley

Reply by Jerry-md on 6/3/05 9:54am
Msg #42070

This site reminds me of a Big Soap Oprea, full of lonly people who hasn't figured out that the Successful people are out making money and the other people are sitting at home on this web site.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.