Notary Rotary
Another horrible nightmare signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 5/28/05 7:06pm
Msg #41047

I was called at 5:30 pm for a 7.00 pm signing. Edocs of course. Docs werent ready till
almost 7pm it took me 2 hours to download and print 475 pages. First and a Second
I called borrower and told them it was imposible to be there at seven. So we arrange to call them
when ever the docs were ready.

I finished at 9.15pm called borrower and they said it was too late to show next day at 5.00pm
I was there on time, the borrower took one hour and 15 seconds with the first page of the docs.
She took one hour and fifteen checking the hud, making calls with his bank to check the payoff
amount was incorrect there was like 9,000 dollars difference and she wasnt going to sign.

She end up signing and talking to the LO but it took me 3 hours and fifteen minutes to have them sign.

Sorry for such a big posting.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/28/05 8:34pm
Msg #41060

I sure hope you get paied well for that one.

Reply by Sam I am on 5/29/05 4:59pm
Msg #41135

***the borrower took one hour and 15 seconds with the first page of the docs.
She took one hour and fifteen checking the hud, making calls with his bank to check the payoff***

That is INSANE. Was this their primary residence and therefore had a RTC? After 5 minutes did you remind them they have 3 days to get their questions satisfactorily answered or they could rescind?

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/29/05 5:53pm
Msg #41149

Some borrowers are prepared when you arrive, they have communicated with the lender and even had the lender fax them some documents to look at. Some don't care if they have 3 days to cancel they are not signing anything until reading it and calling lo if they have a question, they will do it their way doesn't matter what we say. I think most of us have had some borrowers like that. Its a nightmare but what do we do, get up and leave? argue with the borrower? Don't think so. We suffer through it and hope the next signing will be a breeze.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.