Notary Rotary
Besides notarizing loan docs what else?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by jamm1972 on 5/4/05 1:26pm
Msg #35771

Has anyone expanded into other areas? If so what and how do you market and is it worth it?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/4/05 2:37pm
Msg #35782

I do a lot of regular notarization, plus being in Florida I am authorized to solemnize marriages, so I do quite a few weddings as well.

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/4/05 2:43pm
Msg #35783

Sylvia..

what does solemnize marriages mean?
We are going down to Gulf Shores in July and we want to have our vows renewed on the beach with our 2 kids. I've never attended this type of ceremony. Is that much different than a wedding? Do we need any particular docs for that? TIA

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/4/05 3:37pm
Msg #35797

Re: Sylvia..

Charm
Soleminzing the marriage just means to perform the wedding ceremony - just like a minister or JP would.

Please use my link and e-mail me with your name and your husband's name and the place and date of your original wedding, and I will send you some great renewal of marriage vows you can use if you like.

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/4/05 3:48pm
Msg #35804

Thank You...you're a sweety!!!...n/m

Reply by Tee Fl on 5/4/05 3:57pm
Msg #35806

Sylvia, My parents are going to be celebrating their 40th anniversary and renewing their vows could i possibly get those also? I think my sisters want me to do the ceremony but i will probably cry... TIA

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 5/4/05 4:15pm
Msg #35814

Tee... Hold back the tears if at all possible and perform the ceremony for your parents. My mom passed away this past June. I knew I wanted to do something at her service but didn't know what. The day she passed away (she lived in Palm Coast and we were bringing her home to NJ to be buried with my dad) I started going through her things that I would need.

I found something that made my heart stop... A poem my dad wrote my mother when they started dating. The day we buried my mother I stood at the grave with my family and said a few words and shared the poem I had found.

It was the most rewarding experience I have ever had. I'm so happy I found the strength to say those words that day.

BTW... It was June 25, 2004... Exactly 25 years to the day my dad passed away.

Please take my advice and do this now while your parents are still with you.

Please forgive me for posting this. It's just that I know how much it will mean to you in the future to have done this for your parents.

Reply by Tee Fl on 5/4/05 9:53pm
Msg #35906

Your story completlly touched my heart MaggieMae! My parents mean the world to me also and I know i can make it through the ceremony and will cherish it forever. Sylvia I will send you my e-mail address thanks!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/4/05 4:27pm
Msg #35821

Re: Sylvia.. - Tee

Sure send me the same info I asked Charm for.

Reply by Carol_SoCal on 5/4/05 7:30pm
Msg #35869

Re: Sylvia - you're great!

You are a treasure trove of information. Thank you all you share on this message board. I would just LOVE to do marriages. I'll bet you could write a book ;o)

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/4/05 7:36pm
Msg #35871

Re: Sylvia - you're great!

I probably could write a book! I have done skydiving marriages, marriages on the beach and even marriages in a correctional institute (where the grooms have been in for life!!!)

I love this job, it is so interesting and I meet so many different kinds of people.

Reply by CarolynCO on 5/4/05 8:33pm
Msg #35891

*If so what and how do you market and is it worth it?*

It's not just signing services and/or title companies that look at our profiles on NotRot, 123Notary, etc.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.