Notary Rotary
Bond
Notary Discussion History

Bond
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Hue on 5/24/05 7:35pm
Msg #40158

Bond

Does anyone know of the cheapest place to get just the bond alone? Can I have my stamp in Los Angeles County and still notary in San Diego? Thanks, please help, I am new.

Reply by Simone E. Lewis on 5/24/05 8:59pm
Msg #40186

The Bond must be file in the same countythe person maintain his principal place of business as showned in the application submitted.

Reply by maryinsocal on 5/24/05 9:45pm
Msg #40189

Your commission is for the whole state of which ever state you are commissioned . Your bond is recorded in the county where you will be conducting your business.
Does that make sense ?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/25/05 12:03am
Msg #40229

>>> Your commission is for the whole state of which ever state you are commissioned . <<<

Except for Louisiana. Notaries are commissioned in their respective parish. Some parishes have reciprocal agreements with other, but a LA notary is not commissioned statewide. I believe all the other 49 states are commissioned statewide though.

Reply by Victoria/FL on 5/25/05 6:29am
Msg #40251

Is there anything you don't know??? Do you spend your spare time reading every other state's handbook on notarial practices!? I think that if I were doing this for 25 years I still wouldn't have the knowledge that you do! Wow - you're amazing!! And I'm sure everyone on this board agrees!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/25/05 7:24am
Msg #40257

There are many, many things I don't know. When attempting anything, I am often accused of going overboard in learning the "big picture". But, that's the way I am. I am a sponge. (No, not SpongeBob Smiley)

I've been involved in this industry for over 15 years, from many sides, including lender, title and litigation. The "technicalities" of the industry is what I find fascinating, along with the just plain fun and enjoyment of meeting with a diverse range of people.

Reply by Marissa_LancasterCA on 5/25/05 9:53am
Msg #40274

The cheapest bond I found for the $15,000.00 requirement in CA is from the Notary Rotary. Only $28.00. I did call a couple of local insurance co.'s in town and they wanted $ 50.00, but you do get your bond certificate right then and there. I guess if you are cutting it close to your filing deadline, there's the benefit. But if you want to save money......and who doesn't.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.