Notary Rotary
Business Card to Borrower
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Paul2_FL on 5/19/05 8:43pm
Msg #39140

Question: Do any of you hand out your business card to the borrowers? I see this as a potential problem where the borrower contacts you after a signing instead of the SS/ Lender. For those of you who may have done so, has it been a problem?

Reply by Mike/NJ on 5/19/05 8:46pm
Msg #39141

Hand them out all the time..

Reply by Julie-MI on 5/19/05 8:55pm
Msg #39143

Yes, it was a problem so I no longer give them out.

I don't want to come back for piddily general notarizations nor do I want to explain to them why the lender did not pay for their homeowners insurance even though they had an escrow.

If they do call and waste your cell minutes, you can only tell them to call their lender and then they get all annoyed that I don't have the lender's number handy.

Smart signing agents put their business cards with the loan documents. ;)

Reply by Lisa/WI on 5/19/05 8:54pm
Msg #39142

I give one every time. I make them up on my computer. On the front is my phone numbers, on the back is spaces for: their name, date of signing, there loan number, and their rescission date. I give it to them for a quick reference if they need to call there LO, or check when there rescission date is. I make it quite clear if they need to ask questions, they will be calling their LO.

Reply by Cyndi AL on 5/19/05 9:00pm
Msg #39147

Wow Lisa, that's a great idea!

Reply by Carol_CA on 5/19/05 9:13pm
Msg #39153

I have one in my hand at the door. It helps me introduce myself. I feel like it...for a lack of a better word "legitimizes" me for the borrower/singer. Plus, I would like them to keep my card and call me for additional business. :o)

Reply by stamper_WI on 5/20/05 10:16pm
Msg #39430

I Love Lisa's Idea! I hand a card to the borrower and clip one in with the Doc's. My card has the area/ towns I cover on the back. I do not put my physical address on it. Just my cell which is my business phone

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/19/05 9:18pm
Msg #39155

Paul
I get a lot of regular notarizations and weddings because I give the borrowers my business card.
One of the borrowers I had own a pack n ship place. A lot of people go there looking for a notary. They do not have a notary at this one, so they refer all of them to me. I have made quite a lot of money just giving my business card to that particular borrower.
In fact they refinanced last week, and had the company send them the docs. Then they called me to go do the notarizations, and even though I told them they didn't owe me anything, they still insisted on paying me.

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/19/05 9:39pm
Msg #39159

I usually clip one to their package and indicate it is there if they are the paranoid type. Sometimes they really want to know who is handling their info...you cannot blame them.

Never had a problem post-signing with a bwr calling me for anything to do with the loan. Sometimes I forget to give them a card and they ask for one.

It's just easier to clip it to their package so they feel they know who is in their home. The local phone number seems to make nervous bwrs more comfortable realizing that their "neighbor" is the one there when they have been dealing with CA/FL/PA or NY on a loan.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 5/19/05 9:43pm
Msg #39160

Thanks everyone!

I believe the yea's have it. Very good inputs!!!

Reply by Monica - FL on 5/19/05 10:00pm
Msg #39163

I do it all the time as a way of identifying myself. I have had one person call me and I was able to direct them to the REAL person they wanted to call. They were really grateful for the help.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/20/05 1:33am
Msg #39192

I always give my card at the door as I enter. I expect anyone coming to my home for business to hand me a card, you want to know who you have in your home. And as soon as they see I live in the are, I am a neighbor and it puts them at ease.

Reply by SDgirl on 5/20/05 9:32pm
Msg #39421

I always hand my card to the borrower at the front door as well.... I have been referred for new signings because of that! I ahve even had the same borrowers call me and say that they will be refinancing again and would like me to conduct the signing. In turn, this is how I have been connected to many title companies!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.