Notary Rotary
City Lists
Notary Discussion History

City Lists
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Marie on 5/23/05 10:26am
Msg #39656

City Lists

Is there a way to find all the cities within a certain mile radius, so I can list them for a SS company? This company needs all cities listed and I wondered if there was an easy way to accomplish this without taking to much time. It is a requirement of theirs in order to register with them.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Reply by Leslie - MO on 5/23/05 10:39am
Msg #39657

Marie,

I don't know where you are but in my area I have a local phone book that gives me that information.

Reply by Marie on 5/23/05 10:56am
Msg #39661

That's obvious, but I remember reading somewhere that there was a site to go to that you just put in your zipcode and the mile radius and the cities would pop up. Anyone know this site?

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/23/05 11:07am
Msg #39663

On this site - if you are a member you can click on "The Library" and use their Coverage Analysis Tool (CAT)". It worked for me, but I have heard (read?) some people say (type?) that the information was incomplete for where they live.
There is also a web site called Melissa Data that several people have successfully used.

Marie - where are you located? Please use your state abbreviation with your name so notaries that have the same applicable notary guidelines will be more apt to read your posts.

If you are from San Diego don't use the CAT or Melissa Data - please consider an alternate career.
Smiley

Reply by Marie on 5/23/05 11:32am
Msg #39666

Thank you for your help. As far as my state, I'm not sure why it is not posting. I'm from MN.

Reply by Marie_MN on 5/23/05 11:34am
Msg #39667

I got it now. For somereason the MN wasn't posting with my name.

Reply by Ernest3 on 5/23/05 12:59pm
Msg #39679

Here is a Yahoo link - just one more option. Simply choose your state, then click on cities and you can see lists from there.

http://dir.yahoo.com/regional/u_s__states/

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/23/05 1:09pm
Msg #39683

Thanks! That's a great Site.

Please use the two-letter abbreviation for your state in the Author field. It will help you get answers that apply specifically to your state, as well as identify you.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/23/05 1:21pm
Msg #39690

Thanx Ernest3 - the Yahoo listing DID have cities that I had missed using the NotRot Library's CAT tool! Much appreciated.

Reply by kim_nj on 5/23/05 1:54pm
Msg #39705

melissadata.com

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.