Docs to borrower, I showed up but docs were still in transit
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 5/31/05 12:04pm
Msg #41295

Docs to borrower, I showed up but docs were still in transit

Do you charge a trip fee?

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 5/31/05 12:08pm
Msg #41296

Did you call beforehand to confirm the borrower had the docs in hand? Did the docs show up the day they were suppose to or the day(s) following the scheduled closing date/time?

I had a signing on Saturday where the docs were sent to the borrower. I called before leaving my house to make sure she was in receipt of them. Had they not been, I would have started tracking them down as best I could.

Reply by Calnotary on 5/31/05 12:13pm
Msg #41298

Re: Docs to borrower, I showed up but docs were still in tra

No, this signing was scheduled this past Friday, and I only reconfirm with the borrower for todays appointment, But I assumed that since it was scheduled since Friday, and today is Tuesday it will be enough time for the docs to be here.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 5/31/05 12:19pm
Msg #41300

Re: Docs to borrower, I showed up but docs were still in tra

Hindsight is always 20/20... Next time call to be sure the borrower is in receipt of the docs. You can try billing a trip fee and see what happens.

Overnight docs are usually guaranteed by a certain time based on where (business or residence) they are being sent. I keep that in mind when scheduling appointments so that I don't waste my time. With this having been a "holiday weekend" the carrier could be behind on deliveries. If the SS/TC scheduled the time in advance of contacting you, they would have been aware of this and should have scheduled the closing so there was ample time for the docs to be received. They should pay you for their oversight.

If you were the one to schedule the time, they probably will not accept responsibility for the docs not being there.

Good luck!

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/31/05 12:16pm
Msg #41299

Common problem. When you make your confirmation call, TELL them that they MUST CALL YOU when they receive the docs... and try to keep your schedule loose to accomodate late docs. I had a 10am...& docs didn't get delivered to B until 4:30pm...and I still had to get there. Don't know if you'll get paid a 'trip fee' or if they'll just think you're kinda foolish. Think about it, hey? You may have to chalk this up to a learning experience.

Reply by stamper_WI on 5/31/05 1:57pm
Msg #41320

Be aware that Fed Ex and UPS always have different schedules on Holidays..sometimes even changing pick up times. Here they do not pick up from their boxes on weekends... add the monday Holiday and you have no pickups from Friday at 4:30 to tuesday at 4:30! I can assume it was that way for delivery today. They pay for their time off..they are pretty busy today! My saturday RTC was June 2! They got a couple extra days to think about it!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.