Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Does anyone have someone working under them?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Cherilyn in CO on 5/16/05 10:38am
Msg #38015

What I mean is that I have someone with limited experience that wants some signings under her belt. She went to the NNA training and got certified.

If I agree to a signing, but send her out, how does that work? I realize that I will be liable for any of her mistakes. Do signing services even allow this?

Of course, I won't send her to any title or esrow company jobs, or anything too complicated. I get some easy HELOC's that I'm sure she can handle. I turn down quite a few every month, but if she's helping me, I won't have to.

Can I even do this? You're advice is appreciated.

Reply by TN NOtary on 5/16/05 11:14am
Msg #38022

I did it twice. The SS company had her information but they sent me the check and I paid her.
I do not know the legalities but I told the ss I wasn't available and my co-worker did signings. They agreed to let her go and she just sent them her info.

Reply by Cas A. Nova MA on 5/16/05 12:13pm
Msg #38029

She doesnt consider it work

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 5/16/05 12:36pm
Msg #38038

Please clarify... Are you mentoring her or is she working for you?

Reply by Art_MD on 5/16/05 1:24pm
Msg #38049

On some orders, I seen it stated that if you are listed as an individual with the TC, you cannot reassign/subcontract the order. It also says that if you are listed as a business with the TC, you can subcontract it. I don't remember for sure, but I think they said that the person working for you had to submit their notary info for the TC records.

Art

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/16/05 1:39pm
Msg #38051

I should think if you are contracted, you can not just send someone in your place unless you clear it with whom ever contracted you. I should think it could come back and bite you if there is a problem with the loan.

Reply by TN Notary on 5/16/05 5:34pm
Msg #38135

Yes, I belive that is correct. That is why I just said a co-worker can do it. But I don't have anyone working under me. That is just a situation that happened a couple of times.

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 5/16/05 4:02pm
Msg #38110

I guess I'm mentoring...

I'm taking her on a ride along with me tomorrow. I figured that maybe I can utilize her so I don't have to turn down so many appointments. I don't, however, want to give her any of my clients or them her, if you know what I mean.

I guess maybe I'll ask one of my SS.

Reply by TN Notary on 5/16/05 5:33pm
Msg #38132

I just told them I had a co-worker who does closings.

Reply by kg/ca on 5/16/05 5:59pm
Msg #38148

I just ask the signer if a new "certified signing agent" can come along for mentoring purposes. No body has ever complained... I still make the money, new agent gets the info needed to learn, and signer gets fat HELOC check. Everybody wins.

Can that work for what your doing?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.