Notary Rotary
Driver's license, stamp, seal and certificate - MARYLAND
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Gio_MD on 5/8/05 10:06am
Msg #36513

I am signing up with different SS. I already got my EIN (thanks to this forum, I made the mistake of giving out my SS# to a couple of companies, but already correct those). With reference to the subject above, IN MARYLAND , am I legally prohibited to disclose those information on a paper , other than for a notary act ? . do you guys black out the number on your drivers license?? or cross out your stamp, seal, etc ??

Thanks for your input !

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/8/05 12:04pm
Msg #36531

I never ever give a copy of my drivers license! I tell them that on the advice of my attorney I will not provide a copy of my drivers license, because of the possibility of identity theft (It did happen to one California signing agent when she gave all that info to a signing service)

I will not provide a copy of my seal, a notary's seal is a sacred emblem and should only be used for official notary acts, which does not include providing it to a SS.

I will provide a copy of my notary commission, which should be sufficient to prove I am a notary without giving a copy of my seal.

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/8/05 4:48pm
Msg #36562

Doesn't MD require a Title Producer's License?? (nm)

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/8/05 4:54pm
Msg #36563

Re: Doesn't MD require a Title Producer's License?? YES

Yes, a Title Producers License is required in MD. I thought as the person was signing up with different companies he/she would already have the licenseSmiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.