Notary Rotary
EOM madness
Notary Discussion History

EOM madness
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Art_MD on 5/26/05 6:38am
Msg #40450

EOM madness

This month was worse than most. Had my schedule set by monday - good TCs/SS, time and locations worked and then the phone rings and rings and rings.

Had 7 calls after 3:00 for closings that HAD to be closed on 5/25/05 (2 for the same signing from different SSs). All E-docs naturally. All between 5 and 8. Three of the calls from companies I never heard of. one 70 miles south-west, one 50 miles north east. Agreed to squeeze one more in at 9:30 but at last minute the lender/borrower agreed to delay it until today --> At 8:00 AM "sharp". Sure -- e-docs and a 45 minute drive. NOT.

Is there a void between the ears of the lenders/title companies? They've gone thru the EOM fire drill before - will they ever learn?

O well, delayed closings will fill the rest of the week.

Art

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 5/26/05 8:53am
Msg #40476

At 9:00 pm at night ...

Wednesday night, May 25, at 9 pm while I am still at the table finishing my PLANNED AHEAD refinance (scheduled and confirmed on Monday, May 23, with paper package on my doorstep Wednesday morning), I get a call:

Answer: No. I cannot drive home, print Edocs "that are ready to be sent now," and get to a signing that is a 2 Hour Drive from my home to be at the borrowers home in 45 minutes. Even if I was available for a midnight signing, I DREAD calling the borrowers telling them they need to find a witness(close to midnight on a weekday!) and what time I MAY be at their home.

I feel sorry for the schedulers that had to make these calls until they found someone. Either 1) the scheduled NSA could not longer do it (late Edocs and the NSA moved on to the ones where s/he had the documents?), 2) no one within and hour's drive was available, 3) something "smelled bad" and no one wanted to take it, or 4) the fee wasn't high enough to justify the late night, last minute rush.

You'd think after ALL these YEARS more lenders and title companies would have learned that the last refinance signing day that will fund on the last day of the month is busy for EVERY lender Smiley LOL

My planned ahead clients and borrowers were very happy. I had nothing but PLEASANT signings and a busy pre-scheduled profitable week.

Reply by Nd_WA on 5/26/05 9:15am
Msg #40484

8pm, still working on docs

I had 5 smooth signing yesterday starting at 1PM and ended at 8PM (2 O/N, 3 edocs). My phone rang as I was walking out of the last signing. It was for an edoc, time is open for the evening, 45 minutes drive 1 way and docs will be ready in 1 hour. I've learned that 10/10 call that late in the evening will either get canceled or rescheduled so I politely told the scheduler I'm booked for rest of the night.

So much for EOM greed, I'd say.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/26/05 10:04am
Msg #40500

Re: Plan ahead? What's that?

**They've gone thru the EOM fire drill before - will they ever learn? **
***You'd think after ALL these YEARS more lenders and title companies would have learned that the last refinance signing day that will fund on the last day of the month is busy ***

My last career was retail. Every Christmas Eve - same old thing. Is this all you have left? I need something less expensive. Blah, Blah, Blah. And Christmas is even on the same date every single year - but do people plan ahead? Nnnoooo.

Next month should be more chaotic - end of 2nd quarter and end of 1st half - can't wait!

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/26/05 12:42pm
Msg #40542

Re: Plan ahead? What's that?

I had 5 signings yesterday, and by some miracle was able to schedule them all between 10:30 and 5:00. I think I turned down about 4 other signings, but I decided that I'd rather have the evening off than the additional $$.

Reply by Vicki/MD on 5/26/05 1:00pm
Msg #40546

Hey Art,

Yesterday was the same for me. I must have turned down 15 requests between 3-5pm. They were pretty much all for areas that were 20-30+ miles from me. I held out and sure enough the phone rang around 7:30pm for "just one more, please" right here in good ol' Rockville...not a mile from my house! ;-) Took the 10pm assignment just for the pleasure of knowing I wasn't driving all over the world.

Reply by Art_MD on 5/26/05 4:17pm
Msg #40615

Re:vicki..

Say thanks you to the MIA.

Art

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.