Notary Rotary
First American
Notary Discussion History

First American
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by stamper_WI on 5/23/05 5:57pm
Msg #39828

First American

I got a call to do a signing from First american out of Santa Ana. It wasn't this "Luis". He told me that they pay $50. I told him I couldn't do it for that amount. He said he would need approval and called back later with the ok for my fee.

I am new to this forum and have a sense that there has been some problems with First American or their affiliates. WIll I get paid? better yet will I get paid my fee?

I need a quick reference sheet to carry around with me for guidelines on who pays and who doesn't. It seems I am usually navigating my car when they call!

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 5/23/05 6:10pm
Msg #39831

You will get paid...

but they will not meet your fee.

Reply by stamper_WI on 5/23/05 6:10pm
Msg #39832

Re: You will get paid...

Ohhhhhhh dear!

Reply by stamper_WI on 5/23/05 6:14pm
Msg #39833

I emailed them for confirmation of my fee agreed on. Think that'll work...I also mentioned they have very mixed reviews with other notaries

Reply by BeccaWI on 5/23/05 6:33pm
Msg #39838

Hi Stamper_WI- Where are you from? I reside in Green Bay!

You are smart in getting the agreed fee in writing for every signing! If you get the confirmation and it isn't what you agreed, give them a call!

Reply by stamper_WI on 5/23/05 6:37pm
Msg #39841

I am near La Crosse. Cover a LOT of territory! This is in Westby ...Look at your map and add in farmers on tractors puttin along, amish and road construction ( 6 bridges in about 10 miles).

At least I can have the windows down in the car and the stereo up.

Reply by BeccaWI on 5/23/05 7:10pm
Msg #39856

I am familiar, we go to Coulee county(Avanlanche) and fish! Welcome to the notary world!!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/23/05 6:43pm
Msg #39844

Never do a signing without an email/fax confirmation! n/m

Reply by stamper_WI on 5/23/05 6:48pm
Msg #39846

Re: Never do a signing without an email/fax confirmation! n/m

They were prompt with the confirmation...just neglected to put the fee in it

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/23/05 6:50pm
Msg #39847

A confirmation without the fee listed is worthless. n/m

Reply by stamper_WI on 5/23/05 6:57pm
Msg #39852

Re: A confirmation without the fee listed is worthless. n/m

I know. Thats why I emailed for another confirmation...with the fee ...and why I asked about them in the first place.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/23/05 8:04pm
Msg #39873

Re: A confirmation without the fee listed is worthless. n/m

Ernest
I agree with you on this 99.9% of the time, however I have a title company I work with, and we never ever discuss the fee, they always tell me whatever I invoice them for, they will pay it.
And they always do. So, their confirmations never list a fee.

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 5/23/05 9:41pm
Msg #39901

What I meant was...

that they will rarely go higher than $50.00. If they've agreed upon a price, they will pay it. I didn't mean that they won't pay the fee after you've done the signing. I've done tons and tons of work for FASS in my first years as a SA. They pay quickly and what was agreed upon.

You can view all of the pertinent information on signtrack.com if you have a log in and password. View the signing and your fee will be listed.

Reply by fwd in pa on 5/23/05 11:07pm
Msg #39918

I'm new as of tonight. Just wondering if we could say on the phone, "This is going to be recorded to assure us of good service and is an oral agreement." Kind of singsong like reading the rights - oh, I just have to say this, kind of thing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.