First Signings
Notary Discussion History

First Signings
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Itchy_NY on 5/10/05 4:35pm
Msg #36992

First Signings

How do get my first signing????

I've sent and signed-up with 50-100 different Signing Companies and still have not even received a call yet!

Any help/advice?

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/10/05 4:41pm
Msg #36994

Don't stop until you have signed up with 200 or more, then do a few every day.

Read msg #33325.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 5/10/05 4:42pm
Msg #36995

Patience and persistence!

Keep signing up with as many SS as you can find. I started signing up with SSs in mid-March and still continue to look for and sign up with as many services as I can. I received my first call April 11 and have been receiving calls on a regular basis ever since.

I've turned signings away because I was already booked in some instances and I've had to turn away some Spanish-speaking only borrowers because I can't speak a WORD of Spanish!

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 5/10/05 4:44pm
Msg #36996

Has anyone else found?

That it seemed to take forever to get their first call and after that first call bookings came from other SSs just like that????

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 5/10/05 5:27pm
Msg #37000

Re: Has anyone else found?

Yes, it happened that way for me when I started out.
All it takes is that first call, then in my case & yours they just keep on ciming.
I have also been to busy to take them all so I've chose to refer some signings to other agents in my area. The companies are very greatful.

Reply by Itchy_NY on 5/10/05 5:31pm
Msg #37002

Thanks guys that makes me feel a little better. I've been doing the same, signing with as many SS as I can find since MARCH as well !

...patience...but I'm "itching" to get started Smiley

any other advice is more than appreciated to all!!

Thanks again!

Reply by Marlene Blom on 5/10/05 7:26pm
Msg #37024

Market yourself, at escrow companies, Title companies, mortgage companies...hospitals etc. make sure you have business cards and give them out. Just a suggestion. Loan signing companies don't pay enough...good luck..marlene

Reply by Markita In MI on 5/10/05 7:54pm
Msg #37029

Congratulations and welcome to the business! What state are you in?

Reply by Markita In MI on 5/10/05 8:06pm
Msg #37036

I see you are in NY. I agree with the others. Much success to you....

Reply by dvbell_IL on 5/10/05 8:51pm
Msg #37045

Congrats from IL also, welcome!!.

Might I suggest (if you haven't already)becoming Certified thru NNA. The testing process is three parts and the cost, in addition to basic membership is about $50. If you take the online exam, after passing you're immediately given a free ad listing on SigningAgents.com. The exact same day I completed the exam, less than 3 hours later I started receiving calls. My first month I did 6 signings and since then I've done more and more.

Reply by Itchy_NY on 5/11/05 1:43am
Msg #37074

Re: dvbell_IL

Thank you for your suggestion!

I have been contemplating whether to join the NNA-Notary Section Membership or not. I AM however an NNA member already. I believe the NSA (Notary Signing Agent membership fee is only $39...for members of the NNA) and the Certification Test is around $45

But if it has brought you business, I will most likely take the test and join the NSA Section as well!!

Thanks again for your input and all others! Smiley

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/10/05 11:07pm
Msg #37059

While it can't hurt for a new notary to market directly to title companies and the like, the odds of them getting any work are pretty slim without experience. Bad advice for a brand new notary to take, they should be focusing their efforts where it's likely they will get work.

Most of my work is from signing services and I've made about $13,000 since the beginning of March to today. They may not pay enough for you, but they pay enough for me!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.