Notary Discussion History

For Sylvia,
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by AMY_FL on 5/23/05 3:06pm
Msg #39729

For Sylvia,

Lets try this:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notary_talks

Have a poll about how many of you all were actually paid in full for a loan that didn't close.

Whats wrong with being honest!?!?!?

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/23/05 3:18pm
Msg #39733

Thank you Sylvia for paying us, after we've done what we agreed to do for you and other SSs that pay, for getting the job done.
Like an appraiser, we should be exempt for a loan not closing because we preformed a satisfactory service and did our job. This shows me that you are ethical and respect us as individual business entrepreneurs.
To not pay a notary after they kept their end of the bargain is just like saying well Doc, you didn't cure my cancer so I'm cutting your charge back to a $20. trip fee.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/23/05 3:21pm
Msg #39734

I went to the link, however I cannot particpate in the poll as I am not a member of notary talks, and I have enough groups I belong to that I have no wish to join another just to take part in a poll.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/23/05 3:29pm
Msg #39742

Re: For Sylvia - should I know this answer?

I know my ignorance is showing but....

How does one find out if a loan closed or not? Obviously, if the borrower backs out during the signing, the NSA would know. But what if they rescind within the 3 days or do not meet some conditions of the loan - how would I find out? Is the title recorded on-line in some sort of public forum?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/23/05 3:34pm
Msg #39753

Check to see if your county recorders office is online. Mine is,and I can check to see if the mortgage has been recorded.
If it is online just check the land records.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/23/05 3:40pm
Msg #39758

You may find it useful ...

... to visit the offices (Town Clerk, County Recorder, etc.) when you have time. It takes just a few minutes to learn how to look up deeds and mortgages. While you're there schmooze with the employees. You'll learn a lot and will endear yourself to them in the process.

Also, it is amazing how "Oh? It's recorded in Book 1234, page 567, and it has my seal on it." can expedite payment for a signing that "didn't fund".

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/23/05 3:53pm
Msg #39770

Re: You may find it useful ...

Actually, I just begin the paperwork to do my own re-fi. I think that I will take your advice and check out what info they have on my own loan once it closes. I've been very lucky so far in that all but one company has paid me within the week. The other one is supposed to pay me today.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/23/05 3:45pm
Msg #39764

Thanks for the info. It looks to me like you can only view when a property has been sold on the San Diego recorder's web site. For a change in the DOT you'd have to go downtown in person. I guess I won't worry about it until someone tries not to pay me.

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/23/05 5:16pm
Msg #39814

Most of the time it's not going to matter to us if a loan closes or not. As long as I get paid, I couldn't care less what happens after I send the docs back.

Reply by AMY_FL on 5/23/05 5:00pm
Msg #39808

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW,

YOURE RIGHT, YOU INDEED HAVE SOOOO MANY MEMBERSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN DO YOU DO ANY CLOSINGS!?!?!? CAUSE I SEE YOU HERE EVERY DAY!?!?!?!?
What sucks is that some people look up to you but for some reason everytime there is somebody new or somebody has a question that maybe to them is important you have a problem with them?! and you need to be sarcastic!? ""oh, if you were doing your job right!!!""" almost like everyone here was your personal employee and "OMG what a poor job they did!??!?!""

You know...........I can understand to be sarcastic with someone YOU KNOW (you know being underlined) after you tell them over and over to do something and they just don't get it, but when NEW people join here to get some advice or just to find more information, or to share, vent etc and all they get from you is sarcasm! I am sorry but I think t is a bit offensive.
You don't know these people personally, and just because you don't know someone that doesn't give you the right to be disrespectfull.

Nobody asked you or anyone else on this board to agree with everyone's opinion, BUT it is a message board and not everybody will agree over and over with your opinions!

I am sorry Sylvia but all your experience in this field really doesn't matter when you answer someone NEW with sarcasm! Like there is nobody better than you!!!!!

Amy

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/23/05 5:22pm
Msg #39816

This is my last post to you on this (or any other subject) I am obviously dealing with a loose cannon!

I have ALWAYS been willing to help new signing agents. CAsigner gave the impression that he/she had been doing signings for a while, and as such should have known the answer to his/her question.

I did not indicate that my "so many memberships" were notary related. I do have a life outside of signings. I do enough signings to make my goal each week and usually more.
I also have to spend a lot of time here in my office as a signing service.

And if you read the threads where you are attacking me, how many are agreeing with your opinion???? I haven't seen one post where it says "You know Amy, you are so right, we shouldn't get paid for doing our job if the loan doesn't fund, you are right to pay us only a trip fee"

Where has anyone agreed with your opinion on that??

Don't bother to answer, I am putting you on ignore mode - and that is not something I often do. But you do not deserve the courtesy of any more responses from me.

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/23/05 5:32pm
Msg #39821

Wow, what a raging bitch.

Reply by christi/socal on 5/24/05 2:13am
Msg #39944

The only one being disrespectful and rude is amy_fl!!! n/m

Reply by Teasa/NY on 5/23/05 3:27pm
Msg #39739

What's the Point

We have all probably experienced a lot of things, like not getting paid for loans that DID fund. We have all been ripped off in one way or another. The point is, in a perfect world wouldn't it be nice to be paid for work done whether from a Title Co. or Signing Service. And if you do not have the capital reserve for the occasional rescind, should you be in business? And as to your poll, personally I have been ripped off far more by signing cos. than not paid for loans that cancel.

Reply by Winston_Tn on 5/23/05 3:42pm
Msg #39760

Re: What's the Point

The real point is inane! Amy's attempting to validate or substantiate her belief that if a loan doesn't fund, payment for services previously rendered may be nullified. Now Amy...come on... Sure it has happened to all of us, but that doesn't make it right. If you were a general contractor, and sub-contracted electrical, plumbing, tile work...etc, and then said, Sorry boys...you don't get paid until this unit sells...and if it doesn't sell for asking, I'll have to prorate your payment. LOL... You would be on the news and run out of town! The fact is, we offer a service. We get paid for rendering that service (PERIOD) It doesn't depend on funding, moon phase, FO's attitude, or interest rates. The inherent work was completed, the inherent fee is due and payable.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/23/05 4:50pm
Msg #39804

Why are you re-inventing the wheel? The topic can be fully discussed here. And there are already other forums available that support polls, such as the SigningAgent group at Yahoo (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SigningAgent), GoMobileNotary's board (http://members.boardhost.com/gomobilenotary/), etc.

There's nothing wrong with being honest. I think we are and expect to be recognized for our honesty and integrity. Not short changed like we're a bunch of paper shuffling pen pushers with stamps.

Reply by AMY_FL on 5/23/05 5:12pm
Msg #39811

Re: For PAW

PAW,

Nobody said that, (""we're a bunch of paper shuffling pen pushers with stamps."") I already told you what we do, and how we pay, my point is that NOT ALL signing agencies have the policy to pay regardless of the loan closed or not. I don't disagree with the idea, it will be very good if everybody can do that, my husband is a notary also and he does closing right and left and he never got paid in full for a loan that didn't close!!!! actually the last one: Priority Signings! they still didn't pay him for a closing he did in February!!!! the loan closed that same day it funded and he still didn't get paid for it!!!!

AMY

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/23/05 5:41pm
Msg #39825

Amy...it's simple...

please list your company name and we will make sure not to take business from you.

I have also done work for an SS that won't pay me, so I'm not sure I understand your point on that issue. It happens when a scum bag stumbles upon a notary whom didn't know about their reputation beforehand.

We provide a service and for that we should be paid. I couldn't care less what happens after I do my job correctly! Get a clue! Who is supposed to eat the charges for my gas, printer, telephone calls, faxes, paper, electric, daycare and MY time after I do the damn job right???? Not ME.

Maybe you should just go away and quit trying to sell us your 'policy' that we may wind up working for free....that doesn't cut it and I won't accept any assignment that tells me that!

Reply by AMY_FL on 5/23/05 6:28pm
Msg #39835

Re: Amy...it's simple...

I am sorry but we don't advertise on notaries boards!

Obviously you haven't understud what I was talking about!

Do you get paid when a loan doesn't close? In full? Every time? From every title company, SS, mortgage lender you have worked for?

That was my question?

I have not yet heard (except for Sylvia's company) of other SS, Lenders, Title companies to pay in full for a loan that didn't close?!

So, unless you all here on this board work for Sylvia........

Why can't you name a few others,

We actually pay our signing agents, in some cases even when they screw up!!!

AMY

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/23/05 6:57pm
Msg #39851

I am paid by many different title companies and lenders if the loan does not fund, for whatever reason. No, I am not going to list them here as that is beside the point. The point is, that YOU do not and choose not to. That's the way YOU want it, and that's fine with me. I don't work that way. When I approach a company seeking their business, I am very upfront about no sign/no show/no funding policy. It's a given going into an agreement. No problems from any company so far.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/23/05 7:08pm
Msg #39855

Re: Amy...is a name that used to come up a lot for none pay

Cant recall what SS it was. Was it Sign on the X????????

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/23/05 7:55pm
Msg #39869

Inquiring minds want to know.

Amy clearly doesn't want to tell us what the name of her signing service is. My own opinion is that we have a right to know. Can anyone give us a definative answer?

Somebody much smarter than I said that you can tell much more about a person from who their enemies are than from who their friends are. Read what Amy has said on this forum, and what other people have said in response to her posts, then draw your own conclusions.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/23/05 7:10pm
Msg #39857

Clarification ...

I am talking about FULL payment of agreed upon fee. Not a trip fee or a cancellation fee, but the entire agreed upon fee for printing, travel, table time and administrative overhead. We are in business.

If a plumber comes out to your house and installs a water line for your refrigerator's ice maker and then the ice maker stops working the next day, do you cancel your payment to the plumber and offer only a trip fee?

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/23/05 7:35pm
Msg #39864

Amy...I understood perfectly. Again I will reiterate what I said. I do not work for companies that have your exclusion (no fund no pay) Yes, I've gotten screwed over by crooks that won't pay even after the loan funds...I'm disappointed that you feel you cannot mention your company's name here.

Reply by OnTheGoInFla on 5/23/05 10:20pm
Msg #39911

Re: Companies that pay

I have been paid by many companies when the loan does not close. Mortgage docs, select, AMR.

If I provide a service I expect to get paid. It's that simple and I include that in my agreement with any signing company.

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/23/05 11:48pm
Msg #39928

So you're not willing to name your company, but you expect us to list the names of other companies that do the same thing. And you expect us to believe that you only won't name your company because it would be advertising? <cough>bullshit<cough>

Are you really this stupid or do you think that we're this stupid? I honestly can't tell.

Reply by Jon on 5/24/05 12:33am
Msg #39936

Amy asks:

"Do you get paid when a loan doesn't close? In full? Every time? From every title company, SS, mortgage lender you have worked for?"

YES!!!! For every company I have or will ever work for. If I go out, borrowers sign, and I return the docs, I get paid in full, PERIOD!! I DO NOT work for free. If you choose to cut the title co a break to get repeat business, consider it a marketing expense. Don't ask me to pay for your marketing. If you have never heard of any companies that pay in full when a loan does not fund, you should try broadening your horizons. By your own admission(in previous posts) you only work for one TC, so I hardly think that you are the one to tell anyone about the norms in this business.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 5/24/05 1:20am
Msg #39941

No way will I ever sign up with any company that wouldn't pay me if the loan didn't go though. It is ludicrous to suggest that I should not be paid for a job that I did correctly.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/24/05 10:06am
Msg #39995

Re: Amy...to answer your question

***Do you get paid when a loan doesn't close? In full? Every time? From every title company, SS, mortgage lender you have worked for?***

YES - I have been paid in full, every time from every title company, SS, mortgage lender, banker, and members of the general public who have used my services.

I have NO IDEA if all of these loans have closed or not - nor is it any of my concern.
As SEVERAL posts have already stated (myself included), we are NOTARIES PUBLIC and as such have no financial interest in the loan whatsoever. To have an interest in weather the loan funds would invalidate the entire notion of the notary being a neutral entity.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.