Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by ERNA_CA on 5/14/05 10:55pm
Msg #37873

Free signing agent training course.

http://www.50statenotary.com/training/download.html

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/14/05 11:41pm
Msg #37879

Thank you, ERNA_CA.

I haven't read the booklet yet, but anyone who is interested in downloading / reading it should know that it was written by Victoria Ring. If this warning does not make sense to you, or you believe I have a hidden agenda, search this Forum (and others) for her name. You will see the opinions of Notary Signing Agents with years++ of real-world experience.

Caveat lector.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/15/05 1:50am
Msg #37891

No I have not heard anything about Victoria Ring. I thought this might help new notaries as there are many useful links in this booklet in regards to forms extra.I will do a search and educate my self in regards to Ms. Ring. I used to be Mrs. Ring, that is also my kids last name, wonder if her roots lead back to Dublin Ireland?

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/15/05 2:06am
Msg #37892

Re: Ernest....VR dose not get a high rating I see...n/m

Reply by sue on 5/15/05 9:07am
Msg #37903

You get what you pay for. Since it's free ...

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 5/15/05 9:33am
Msg #37911

Don't shoot me , but

I took a quick look at it
It does not pretend to be comrehensive, but it does have some good Dick and Jane info for a new NSA. Several valuable tips on getting started, and some valid "should do and don't do"
Naturally, there is a lot marketing info for her stuff, but I can' blame her for that.
I plan to introduce myself to VR in at the NNA in Vegas, She has gotten very tight with NNA and is speaking at a luncheon on marketing. (Yes I know how many of you will respond to this tid bit. )
I have glanced at some of her stuff since she started. I believe, tha she would be beter off if she limited her info to marketing which is not bad at all and stayed away from notary and NSA law and proceedure where her shortcommings have been discussed adnauseum.

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/15/05 9:36am
Msg #37912

I agree with Bob. n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/15/05 11:31am
Msg #37927

Re: Don't shoot me , but

I agree Bob, regarding the marketing.
Ms Ring should stick to what she does know - and that is marketing.

She has had very limited experience as a signing agent, I understand that she only worked actively as a signing agent for just a few short months. Hardly enough to make her an expert.
Her advice regarding notary laws and loan signing falls dramatically short.

But for marketing - she does seem to know her stuff.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/15/05 12:28pm
Msg #37935

Re: Don't shoot me , but

Regardless of necative opinion of VR. This booklet seems to be just what a new notary should read and there are a lot of useful link she provides as well. Might answear a lot of quiestions that are asked here and have been answeared many times. But after thees nective posts, probaly wount be considered by anyone as useful information. Good job people.

Reply by monica/OK on 5/15/05 11:10pm
Msg #37995

Bang.....

Not enough information about Notary work and how the pieces fit together.
She's a good writer and knows how to make things happen.
But the free guide is not something I want Signing Agents to read before they go to be a Notary Signing Agent.
But...if it's free, who would not at least read it.
So you are only winged......!
Red Hot Loan Signings is available from www.amrsigners.com.
Not free, but puts the peices together with scripts etcs.
If people are gong to take the advise of VR they might as well take a chance on mine.
I've been in SALES all my life and have a background in Real Estate, Mortgages and Practical Practices. If you want to LEARN Victoria Rivera has the best training available.
The Signing Registry is acceptable and mine is a crash course....get to it sort of thing.
I won't reccommend the NNA until they I see some reasonable advise coming from them with solutions rather than EXHIBIT A articles which leave you with one more thing to police that is not your job.
Just my no so humbly given opinion...but I'm a bit cranky....my baby is moving in a few months.
Monica

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 5/16/05 12:28am
Msg #37998

I better wear my bulletproof long johns in LasVegas

You are one dangerous blonde
Agree with you about the "original " VR and her training material
See you in about two weeks

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.