Notary Rotary
Great Concept for Lenders and TC's
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by jojo_MN on 5/26/05 1:46pm
Msg #40573

Maybe the lenders and TC's should start having bonuses for employees for the most closings completed by, lets say, the 15th of the month? Then the rush won't be there on the last day. Turned away at least 15 last night. Would make life a lot easier for everyone!

Only did three yesterday--all over 70 miles away. Docs were late had to reschedule, starting the last one at 11:45 pm over 80 miles away with very windy roads. Got home at 3:00 this morning.

Reply by Calnotary on 5/26/05 1:51pm
Msg #40575

Ok, all the people that were so busy Yesterday, for how long have you done signings?
I did half of what I did in April.

Reply by Melody on 5/26/05 2:12pm
Msg #40582

You are right: work is way down

I was busy yesterday, but the rest of May was slower compared to previous years.

April was better than May. But this April was much slower than previous years.

Comparing last April and May to this one:
I did $1,000 less in business in April this year compared to last. Same with May.

And I have excellent TC and lender clients who say they still love me and call me first - they are just low on work.

If you are a newbie, I would suggest you read Margaret's and Brenda's posts on inspections.

The Big Slow Down is finally here.

Reply by Roger/OH on 5/26/05 6:17pm
Msg #40638

Ain't necessarily so...

Gotta disagree with Mel on this one. I did 11 yesterday and turned down 5 others. Will be a slightly above average month for me. Rates are heading down to their lowest since February, so looking for a positive end to the first half of the year. Hang in there!

Reply by TN NOtary on 5/26/05 2:21pm
Msg #40587

Same here in TN

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 5/26/05 3:59pm
Msg #40612

The same here. EOM was certainly not what it has been the past few months. What's going on? I hate to think that things may be slowing down. "As CA goes, so goes the nation"? I certainly hope not. Calnotary, what part of CA are you in? I'm in very northern part of state.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/26/05 1:52pm
Msg #40576

oh my jojo.....the latest I have been home is 1 am.

Reply by Melody on 5/26/05 2:13pm
Msg #40584

One of the lenders I work for does this.

Like you, JoJo, I wish more did!

Reply by MsRobboPA on 5/26/05 6:29pm
Msg #40642

Re: One of the lenders I work for does this.

Extremely busy here in PA. I only do signings part time, but this week has been crazy. Hope it keeps up!!!

Reply by Mysti_FL on 5/26/05 7:11pm
Msg #40654

Re: One of the lenders I work for does this.

I have been slow all month too. Took some last minute jobs from SS, just because I have been so slow and got no calls from TCs or Mtg Co. Got home at exactly 6:00 AM, slept for two hours, had a staff meeting this AM, visited one client, did one signing and am on my way to the last signing tonight.

Very slow, and not much money compared to my first two months' work!

Mysti

Reply by Nd_WA on 5/26/05 9:50pm
Msg #40712

From what I heard...

Nevada (Vegas) and Cali have the most this quarter, may even drag on next quarter.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.