Notary Rotary
Hats off to CaliNotary!
Notary Discussion History

Hats off to CaliNotary!
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 5/11/05 4:16pm
Msg #37176

Hats off to CaliNotary!

***Most of my work is from signing services and I've made about $13,000 since the
beginning of March to today. They may not pay enough for you, but they pay enough
for me!***

Impressive!!!...

From the beginning of March (31 days)... April (30 days)... May (12 days to date) = 73 days

Divide $13,000 by an average of $125 per closing = 104 closings in 73 days
Divide 104 by 73 days = 1.4247 closing per day.

You're smokin'!!!!!!

Stand up my man and take a bow!!!!!!

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/11/05 6:52pm
Msg #37197

Hey, thank you for posting some completely meaningless figures to prove whatever point it is you're trying to prove. Although I honestly can't quite tell if you're being sarcastic or not, I'm going with the assumption that you are.

Besides the fact that my average per closing is nowhere near $125, and besides the fact that you're ridiculously assuming a 7 day workweek every week, who cares what the daily average number of closings are? Is it better that I earned the same amount of money with a 3 closing per day average? I'd rather do fewer closings for the same amount of money than more closings for the same amount of money.

My main concern is the amount I've earned at the end of each month and the number of hours I work each week. Right now I'm very happy with those figures, especially when I compare it to the amount of hours and the money I was making at my last full time job. This aint' the greatest job in the world, but it pays a lot better and is much more enjoyable than being a cubicle monkey.

So consider this my bow.

Reply by SL_CA on 5/11/05 7:03pm
Msg #37200

What is a cubicle monkey?

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/11/05 7:11pm
Msg #37204

A person that sits in a cubicle in an office all day. That's what I call them anyway. I spent a couple of years being one myself.

Reply by George_CO on 5/11/05 6:59pm
Msg #37198

He's probably lying

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/11/05 7:09pm
Msg #37203

Heh. Yeah, anybody who knows me on this board knows that I'm only here to try to impress the rest of the board. By any means necessary. I thrive on the love and admiration that is thrown my way daily and would be crushed if anyone ever said an unkind word about me.

If it makes you feel any better, my Jan and Feb were pretty craptacular, I barely broke $3,000 in each of those months.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 5/11/05 7:53pm
Msg #37213

"craptacular" I like that word... Just the sound of it... Pretty cool

Whether the person who initially posted the message was being sarcastic or not, you deserve recognition for your efforts. Congratulations Cali

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/11/05 8:20pm
Msg #37218

The bad thing is he's doing a lot better than I am. (: <)

CaliN. and I email back and forth...and, FWIW...his story is pretty consistent...yep, I believe him. Now, I'll be able to tell for sure later. I have mailed him a Neiman-Marcus catalog with all my favorite items circled in red. As soon as a few trinkets are delivered to me, I'll let you all know.

Smiley

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 5/11/05 8:25pm
Msg #37219

Hisssssssss (Claws coming out towards BrendaTX)

I'm jealous!

I want to be CaliN's NBF and circle things in the Neiman-Marcus catalog for him to buy me!

LOL

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/11/05 10:41pm
Msg #37244

Re: Hisssssssss (Claws coming out towards BrendaTX)

Ladies, ladies, if you're going to fight over me at least have the decency to do it in leopard print bikinis in a giant vat of jello!

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/12/05 10:21pm
Msg #37435

Tell ya what...Maggie and I will do it if Sylvia will. Right Maggie?

Smiley

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/12/05 10:27pm
Msg #37437

CaliN said to Maggie and Brenda: **Ladies, ladies, if you're going to fight over me at least have the decency to do it in leopard print bikinis in a giant vat of jello!**
------------

Brenda said to CaliN: Tell ya what...Maggie and I will do it if Sylvia will. Right Maggie?

- - - - - -

Now, Brenda says to Maggie:
I am pretty sure that Sylvia will not go along with this one! And, the world will be a safer place if an NJ native and a TX notary never own matching leopard print bikinis OR get close to a giant vat of jello. Whew...that was a close one.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 5/13/05 12:27am
Msg #37450

I agree! 100%... Let's shake hands and make amends!!!... I'll let you have Cali... He's a little to frisky for me ;-)

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/11/05 10:36pm
Msg #37243

Neiman-Marcus? Dream on sweetie. Send me a Carol Wright catalog and we'll talk.

Reply by missy_socal on 5/11/05 10:49pm
Msg #37247

I honestly didn't take it as sarcastic...maybe just a little exuberant.

Cali's ears must've been burning, though, since I was just talking about him. My husband and I were on a walk, and I mentioned how well he'd done in the last month and a half or so.
I love how I talk about people that I'll probably never see or even talk to! :-)

I'm just happy that I'm not his direct competition!

Reply by Anonymous on 5/12/05 11:46am
Msg #37323

I didn't see the post as sacrcastic at all. If that's what he's making then kudos to him. Those kind of numbers are what gets newbies pumped up to really put thier best foot forward because it shows that with enough hard work you can make money in this field. Good grief Cali you got a complete compliment and you crapped on the one who gave it to you. It is quite evident that you treat your clientelle much better than most of the members on these boards; otherwise your clients would have dumped you long ago.

Reply by CaliNotary on 5/12/05 6:01pm
Msg #37387

I think the post was meant to be sarcastic. The end result of the numbers was to point out that I was averaging 1.4 signings per day based on their convoluted statistics. I can't imagine anybody thinking that's a particularly good number of signings, can you? I'm pretty sure the original poster was basically saying "get off your high horse, your daily average sucks".

And yes, my demeanor when I'm doing business and when I'm not doing business can be different in some ways. I may be bitchy but I'm not stupid Smiley

Reply by Anonymous on 5/12/05 8:21pm
Msg #37409

saying 1.4 per day is no different than saying 9.8 per week which isn't bad. I think it's just the way the number was presented. And you know what it doesn't matter what one member thinks about how much you make or the volume you do. What matters is are if you satisfied with your business, and if it's meeting your needs. And if it is then you do deserve kudos.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.