Notary Rotary
Help for newbie in SoCal (LA County)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by New in LA- CA on 5/31/05 6:52pm
Msg #41352

Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there was from the LA or Orange County, maybe even San Bernardino area, who would be willing to have me tag along on a ride along with them. I've taken and passed the Signing Agent course through notaryclasses.com, but I still feel a bit nervous and would like to see firsthand how an experienced signing agent handles the signing from beginning to end. I would really appreciate this!

Reply by Jon on 5/31/05 10:54pm
Msg #41375

I think notaryclasses has a ride-a-long program, don't they?

Reply by Terri_CA on 6/1/05 12:13am
Msg #41381

Yes, they do. One can call the www.notaryclasses.com office and request a ride along. And it's true that you might get that ride along but you may have to drive to get there. FYI - there is an additional fee for the ride-along.

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/1/05 9:29am
Msg #41412

**there is an additional fee for the ride-along.**

As there should be, as well as buying the mentor a meal and/or a full tank of gas.

Reply by SL/CA on 5/31/05 11:16pm
Msg #41377

Hello,
Unfortunetly not many people in your area will want to take you on ride alongs, I am sure... However, maybe someone in another county, like San Diego county or something.. I don't know.. But, it is like spoon feeding your customers to your compitition... What I say you do is get signed up with as many signing services as you can, I would say atleast 50 to start, someone will give you a try and you can get experience with your first loan. That is what most of us here had to do. I remember being soooo nervous with my first signing, but if you are confident in the fact that you know what docs are typically in a package, you will be fine.. scan through each page as you are with the borrower, so that you don't miss a signature, a date, or a notarization...and then check, double check, triple check before sending out the docs... And Good luck !!!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 6/1/05 4:46am
Msg #41393

I respectfully disagree with SL/CA.

There is no substitute for a ride-along. Buying dinner for a mentor (if nothing else) is a low price to pay for real-world exposure. There are too many well-intentioned newbies who have messed up borrowers' loan package, sometimes causing interest rate locks to expire.

From what has been posted on this Forum, it sounds as if CA is saturated (over-saturated, in fact) with notary signing agents. Yes, you may have to travel 50 miles. It will be worth it!

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/1/05 10:31am
Msg #41443

Have you read post 33325 yet?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.