I can print e docs with any laser printer IF it comes in PDF
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 5/6/05 8:06pm
Msg #36345

I have done so many e docs with a hp-1000, brother HL-1240, hp-1300 and hp-3015
Of course all of them had been PDF files.All printed out in legal.

Reply by Art_MD on 5/6/05 8:11pm
Msg #36346

PDF use window's driver.

Reply by Art_MD on 5/6/05 8:16pm
Msg #36347

Re: PDF use window's driver. continued

PDFs do not send any printer control commands to the printer embedded in the document. So if you have the print driver for a printer, PDFs will print. It doesn't matter if its a laser or inkjet.
Sooner or later, you be asked to do a signing where you'll pick up the docs from lynx or one of the others that require a printer that recognizes embedded PCL commands.

Art

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/6/05 8:42pm
Msg #36352

ART - Re: PDF use window's driver. continued

Like with VMP...it's impossible to print to a PDF, isn't it?

Reply by Art_MD on 5/6/05 8:43pm
Msg #36353

Re: ART - Re: PDF use window's driver. continued

I believe VMP needs PCL complience. Is not PDF format.

Art

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/6/05 8:57pm
Msg #36355

Re: ART - Re: PDF use window's driver. continued

That's what I thought...I just wanted to make sure.

I have read that the need for the PCL printer could be circumvented by distilling the document with Adobe or CutePDF and it makes sense for the most part, however, some docs don't even show up on your screen...they just go straight for the PCL printer set as default.

Reply by Art_MD on 5/6/05 9:06pm
Msg #36356

Re:print only downloads

There are a couple of secure sites for downloads that don't let you view the docs before printing. Most let you download at least. Thats very handy in bad weather when you fear web will go down (I have satellite which is more weather intolerent). A couple allow direct printing or PDF download. I usually download, then print direct. Why ? suppose my toner runs out and prints the last 10 pages poorly. Using the PDF file I can print just them. Printing directly is faster than PDF. Also, while printing directly, I can scan thru the doc on my screen using the PDF viewer.

Have heard of cut pdf but haven't used it. There have been some posting on it.

Art

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/6/05 9:11pm
Msg #36361

CutePDF

http://cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.