Notary Rotary
I just accepted 2 countrywides for tomorrow
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Nicole_NCali on 5/24/05 6:36pm
Msg #40143

I just accepted 2 countrywides directly from countrywide. Should I bill title directly just in case the office becomes confused as to whom will pay me? Since these are edocs, should I just cancel these and let them find another patsy. I don't have the documents and they are to be emailed to me tomorrow.

This office is out of Vallejo by the way.

Give me some opinions.

Reply by jasmine on 5/24/05 7:20pm
Msg #40155

Don't cancel it unless you absolutely can't do it.

Reply by MsRobboPA on 5/24/05 7:53pm
Msg #40163

Just be sure that you get paid! The last signing that I took directly from the lenders turned out to be a bust. Never got paid (Ameriquest).

Reply by Mike/NJ on 5/24/05 7:56pm
Msg #40166

Good luck getting paid..

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 5/24/05 8:13pm
Msg #40175

If Countrywide hired you then that is who you bill.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 5/24/05 8:55pm
Msg #40185

I am going to take a leap of faith-

I just got of the phone with Jessica, who happens to be an Account Exec with Countrywide Full Spectrum Lending in Fairfield. I discuss with her the payment issues that some notaries have experienced with signings direct with Countrywide and the lack of a clear process of billing/invoicing from the SA to Countrywide.

She happens to be a very nice lady and just gave me some clarification about Full Spectrum which happens to be a seperate entity from Countrywide and that billing issues with her branch is not a problem.

I requested that she review the posts about Countrywide on NR and GMN and give the notaries an update or a procedure to be paid upon completion of the signing.

I know I may have wussy written on me, but I am definitely taking a leap of faith. I kind of trust her.

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/24/05 10:27pm
Msg #40204

Wussy. n/m

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 5/24/05 10:44pm
Msg #40209

Big Wussy.

Ok, ok, I sometimes like to hold to my committments and I can cram these two signings in for tomorrow. I swear that I am only going to do 15 in June and not a paper more. My other notarizations are also increasing. The vehicle bill of sales are beginning to boom.

New Notaries:
**Another marketing tip, go to used car lots, give your business cards and flyer to the lot manager, you will be amazed at how many calls you will receive. I do these mainly on Saturdays** (This is mainly for the consignment lots, you keep your vehicle on the lot, rent the space so that perspective buyers can test drive and make offers) As the notary, you can close the deal, most people are ready to sign and I charge $50 a per BOS***(Bill of Sale or VIN)***

Reply by maryinsocal on 5/24/05 11:11pm
Msg #40220

Re: Big Wussy.

Thanks for the tip about the used cars....I am going to go do that this weekend.

Reply by Lisa_Ca on 5/24/05 11:18pm
Msg #40224

Re: Big Wussy.

Hi Nicole, This is the first I've heard about notorizing Bills of Sale. How does that work? Does the owner of the lot call you when they have a sale or what? When you get there what exactly do they need you to do? Just BOS or do you need to make sure they sign in all the right spots like on a real estate package?

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 5/24/05 10:39pm
Msg #40208

Re: I am going to take a leap of faith-

My writing and grammar skills are atrocious with this posts. Trust me, after doing a 4 am signing, dropping my kid off at school, working a full day and prepping documents for tomorrow, it is a wonder that I am not a blathering idiot.

*corrections*

"I got off the phone with Jessica".

*next correction*
I discussed with her the payment issues that some notaries have experienced with signings direct from Countrywide and the lack of a clear procedure for billing and payment by this lending institution.

OK, gang, I have an early day ahead of me. I will chat with you guys tomorrow.

Reply by brooke/ca on 5/24/05 11:13pm
Msg #40222

Re: I am going to take a leap of faith-

Nicole where in n cal are you?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.