Notary Rotary
Loan signing certification course
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by marketing Lasting Impressions on 5/17/05 10:31pm
Msg #38511

Can anyone share which loan signing course they used and if it makes a difference?
All courses seem to review the same documents and some offer marketing ideas and common notary problems with printers and such. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
One Nia

Reply by Sam I am CA on 5/17/05 10:41pm
Msg #38517

1. I don't think being certified matters one way or the other.
2. I think the confidence gained from learning the information on presenting the docs was invaluable.
3. I recommend The Signing Registry.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/17/05 10:45pm
Msg #38518

I agree with Sam on recommending The Signing Registry.
They hve a wonderful Training Guide. Also, as a signing service I do give preference to those who have passed the Signing Registry's exam.

Reply by marketing Lasting Impressions on 5/17/05 10:48pm
Msg #38521

Are you certified? Do you feel that Signing Companies and Title companies are reluctant
to offer you the business if you're not certified? Do they try to offer less money for not being certified?l

Reply by BrendaTX on 5/17/05 11:16pm
Msg #38526

I am NNA certified but my NNA membership has lapsed.

I don't think it amounts to a hill of beans if you have experience and can do a little bit of dialogue with those who hire you to help them realize you know a little bit about what you are doing.

No...you do not get paid less...never have had that situation posed to me. However, the NNA will give you that impression.

Title companies (in my experience) would say "Certified???? Everyone in our business is a certified nut and glutton for punishment!" In other words, they have no clue as to what that means down here "Deep in the Heart of Texas." Zilch...none...nada.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 5/18/05 2:28pm
Msg #38727

Re: Loan signing certification course...Sam

A benefit to taking a Loan Signing Certification course is:

1. One will become familiar with a variety of documents.

**While being certified may not matter, learing about the procedures for loan signing, becoming familiar with loan docs, learning about the proper equipment a Signing Agent MUST have along with recordkeeping ideas, etc..
can be a very big reason to take a Loan Signing Certification course.
----> I am responding in a way that a Notary Public may not have had any experience with any type of documents one may find in a loan package....Some Notaries have worked in the Mortgage Industry....I work in a Trust Dept. for a large bank.
So, some of us are familiar with documents generally found in loan packages.
Some ARE NOT, so a Loan Signing Course may be perfect for many "newbies".

Reply by marketing Lasting Impressions on 5/17/05 11:00pm
Msg #38523

Thanks for the advice!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.