Notary Rotary
My Laser Printer Blew-UP!!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by MsRobbo on 5/5/05 4:37pm
Msg #36088

In the middle of printing edocs my laser printer started sparking. Now I will need to purchase a new one:( Can anyone recommend a laser printer that is compatible with docs since my old one was about two years old. Thanks in advance.

Reply by John_NorCal on 5/5/05 11:16pm
Msg #36182

Try doing a search on printers. There's been a lot of discussion on this. Personally, I have always had good luck with HP. You'll find a lot of people pulling for Brother, just make sure it is PCL compiant.

Reply by Allison Maxwell on 5/6/05 7:18am
Msg #36203

What model was it that blew up, so that others can be aware......

thank you
allison

Reply by JanetK/CA on 5/8/05 1:31am
Msg #36494

I just got an email this week (I think from Staples) about a special on the HP 3030 multifunction printer (I may not have the model number exactly right) for $499. This is the one that includes copier, fax, flatbed scanner (legal size) and automatic document feeder (for I think ~100sheets). I have the equivalent in an earlier model and I've been very happy with it. It also has the Pcl 6 format which many download programs require. If you don't need all those extra functions, you can probably get another HP model that will serve you well for less.

Reply by dvbell on 5/9/05 4:41pm
Msg #36712

Sorry for the loss! Hope you made it thru that loan close somehow. But about printers, I recently purchased a Brother HL-5150DLT (w/ duplex/2d tray). Somehow walked into OfficeMax and managed to get the display w/warranty + service contract all for under $220(after negotiating for markdown for used model). Try that the office stores are constantly phasing out printers and you might catch em.

This one's not a multi-function but its a PCL 6, holds 550 pgs prints up to 21ppm - its been a serious workhorse for me. Just FYI

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.