My Saturday signing
Notary Discussion History

My Saturday signing
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 5/31/05 10:08am
Msg #41276

My Saturday signing

This job is never boring!

For a woman here in town that was getting divorced and needed her signature notarized.
Her husband was driving up from Savannah GA., and called me ahead of time to set up an appointment somewhere here in town. After a few hours passed he called me and asked me to meet them at the Space and Rocket center, described his truck and told me were he'd be.

I drove into the parking lot and saw two squad cars side by side blocking the entrance and a tall policeman standing outside his car talking to a few people. After driving in circles, it finally dawned on me that this was the couple. I pull up and the husband says that there is no trouble and that the cops are there to make sure of it. Allllrighty then...

She left her purse in her 'boyfriend's' car, whom was driving around and wanted to sign without her ID. After I say no, she gets all ticked and calls him from her husband's cell phone. He's afraid to come back because he thinks he'll go to jail. The cop had to talk him into coming back so that we could get this done. The boyfriend made her walk to the other end of the lot for her purse...lol
Finally, I did the notarization on the hood of his truck between these two people. Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get out of there! Smiley

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/31/05 12:25pm
Msg #41302

I had one a couple of months or so ago, where the borrower called the police partway through the signing. Finished the signing with the police there. (Her ex was there and his brother, and the brother was a "problem".)

Signings like these make life interesting! LOL

Reply by Carol_SoCal on 5/31/05 12:43pm
Msg #41304

Sylvia: Yikes.....as I have said before....you COULD write a book! I can’t imagine all the drama. I carry mace for just these reasons :o)

Reply by stamper_WI on 5/31/05 1:21pm
Msg #41313

Thats as good as the signing in jail stories!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/31/05 7:16pm
Msg #41355

Haven't done any jail signings, but I have done weddings at the correctional institute.
Never figured out why a woman would marry someone who is in there for life, with no chance of parole. Florida doesn't even allow conjugal visits.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 6/1/05 10:10am
Msg #41431

***why a woman would marry someone...doesn't even allow conjugal visits***

I think you answered your own question Smiley

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/31/05 7:14pm
Msg #41354

Re: My Saturday signing - Carol

What was nice, my husband was waiting outside in the van - he has to drive me to signings, and the police went to him and wanted to know who he was. He told them that he was my husband and the officer told him that I had everything under control, had the borrower calmed downSmiley
(I had had to tell the ex-husband and brother to start acting like adults, and discuss their differences with the borrower later)

Reply by MsRobboPA on 5/31/05 7:39pm
Msg #41359

Re: My Saturday signing - Carol

Sylvia your stories are the best! Keep them coming please.

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/31/05 8:18pm
Msg #41360

Re: My Saturday signing -Sylvia

It's too much fun, the more you do the more experiences will happen and firsts in the biz...hope you had a great Memorial weekend! Smiley

Reply by stamper_WI on 5/31/05 9:28pm
Msg #41368

Re: My Saturday signing -Sylvia

Maybe its for the SS money..or other bennies

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.