Notary Rotary
NNA
Notary Discussion History

NNA
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by oldhippie on 5/16/05 2:13pm
Msg #38059

NNA

What do you people think about the NNA? My membership is up the end of this month, and I was wondering about resigning. I don't know if it is worth it. Need your imput.

Reply by Victoria/FL on 5/16/05 2:23pm
Msg #38065

See thread beginning with msg #37436. Plus if you do a search you'll find lots of feedback regarding the NNA.

Reply by Roger_OH on 5/16/05 2:23pm
Msg #38066

Like many on this board, I think NNA sold us out a few years back for the lure of dollar signs,
I don't rely on then for any credible notary information. I do utilize their signingagent.com listing just as I do 123, GMN, and NotRot, solely for the return on my investment. There are many companies that do utilize their site, and have found me there. Basically, as long as I receive more in signings from their listing than I'm paying out to use it, then I'll keep it.

Reply by oldhippie on 5/16/05 2:46pm
Msg #38072

That's what I thought, I don't want to waste my money. You said "GMN" Would that be "GMN.net"?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/16/05 4:55pm
Msg #38119

Go Mobile Notary - http://www.GoMobileNotary.com

Reply by Melody on 5/16/05 10:01pm
Msg #38198

Hate the NNA

Roger has it right: if your ROI is good, then renew.

My ROI is rotten. I have received only 1 title company call from my 4-year listing.

The other 500+ calls: all rotten $50 SSs.

Title companies and good-paying SSs know they get better notaries from the other directories.

Heck with the NNA.

Reply by Jon on 5/16/05 11:48pm
Msg #38246

Re: Hate the NNA

501 calls??? That's 501 more calls than I received in 5 yrs of being listed on their site. With no ROI and a whole bunch of wrong info, I think I'll skip the NNA.

Reply by MI_Notary on 5/16/05 6:49pm
Msg #38164

I still receive calls from them, so I did recently renew. However, I also learned that even though I paid to take the certification test some time ago, I now have to repay and retake it again just to keep that status. I don't mind retaking it or paying a minimal fee to maintain it, however, it is the full $45 fee. When you add the $45 to be a NNA member, $39 to be a signingagent.com member and then the $45 to retake the exam, it is $123. I guess I didn't read the fine print when taking the exam that I would have to repay again in 2 years.

FYI - There are several other websites like this one that are out there for less money. Do a search on either Google or Yahoo for National Notary Directory, Notary Directory, etc. and you'll have more to choose from. I am a member to a few, including this one.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/16/05 11:50pm
Msg #38247

My biggest ROI came from NotaryRotary!

NNA's "advice"?r Not worth the price of membership. California-centric, and often plain wrong for CT. The order I placed was late getting shipped. They refused to expedite it (air instead of ground) even though it was their fault it was delayed! Calls from signing services ?r Hah! Zero.

Nearly all *unsolicited* calls have come from my Notary Rotary Profile. If there is ever a level offered above Premier I, then I will buy it gladly.

The Signing Registry's course is great! Buy a membership there, too.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.