Notary Rotary
NNA/training
Notary Discussion History

NNA/training
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by hcampers/fl on 5/22/05 9:46am
Msg #39580

NNA/training

Has anyone been to one of there "live" seminars? They are offering a 1 day class teaching "Notary Signing Agent Training". Cost is $149.

I want to know if anyone has attended one of these or taught one and is it worth the money.

I want more training and I want to be able to ask questions during it not just read a book and take a test.
TIA

Reply by Roberta/CA on 5/22/05 10:43am
Msg #39583

(my opinion)....The Signing Registry will give you MORE training that you will need doing this type of work in the field !!! There training book is full of tools you will use regularly.
AND there support system is awesome.
The NNA seminar and training book(which is more $$) reads like a vague DMV manuel....Very hard to get straight answers to any questions on there (support) hot line..
Your money is better spent elsewhere in my opinion.

Reply by Ted_MI on 5/22/05 11:02am
Msg #39585

Re: A divergent opinion

HI hc,

Yes, I attended a live seminar for the Detroit area, like about a year ago. I thought it was excellent. The guy who taught it knew his stuff just backwords and forwards, etc. I felt it was definitely worth the money.

That being said, I should add that it is my understanding that Florida is saturated with notaries. So that is something that you should factor into the equation. You might want to do a search just to see how many notaries there are in your area.

But putting that aside I think it was indeed worth it. I have not taken the Signing Registry course yet, so I really can't make comparisons. Although I understand that is very good too.

Best of luck in whatever you choose to do.

Reply by Carol_SoCal on 5/22/05 11:29am
Msg #39586

I attended training in LA. It was worth it to me. Plus, I met many other Notaries from my County and surrounding Counties. The seminars are a great opportunity to learn and also for networking......you can "hook up" with others in the industry.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/22/05 11:33am
Msg #39587

I agree with Roberta

Where in Florida are you? I am willing to help you all I can.

Reply by hcampers/fl on 5/22/05 9:14pm
Msg #39612

Sylvia, I'm in Pensacola and thank you for your offer. I have taken some of your advice that was posted earlier and was not disappointed. You can email me at [e-mail address] with any other suggestions.
Beverly

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/22/05 11:40pm
Msg #39630

Beverly
Click on the link to my profile and feel free to contact me any time I can help.

Reply by Melody on 5/22/05 4:40pm
Msg #39597

Hated it

They spent lots of time going over basic notarial regulations and example uses.

Not much time on loan documents.

There is no test at the end to become certified. You have to pay extra for that.

Several of us at the seminar were angry. We got our money back.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 5/22/05 6:31pm
Msg #39603

I took it, I agree with Melody. Buy the book and study and take the test. I did meet a lady who owned a signing agency and made friends with here, paid off in steady signings and I made a friend. It was freezing in the room, take a sweater if you go. There was no please to eat neaby and I would never take another class from the NNA. I went to the conference last year and in my opinion it was not worth the money either.

Reply by hcampers/fl on 5/22/05 9:12pm
Msg #39610

Well I've taken the course online but was really disappointed. I just didn't want to make the same mistake again. I will look into the signing registry. That seems to be the one that gets the most rave reveiws.
Thanks to everyone for there points of view. It really helped.
Beverly

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 5/22/05 9:13pm
Msg #39611

Their Notary Public seminar to obtain a commission is excellent. The NSA course was helpful, but probably not worth the cost. The book and certification course were well worth the $$. I do feel that those of us beginning from square one are taken as far as the door bell and left to fly by the seat of our pants. Have since learned that there are additional resources out there that are also helpful. I dig for every bit of info that I can.

Reply by hcampers/fl on 5/22/05 9:19pm
Msg #39614

Thanks Jeanet. That is what I've been trying to say. I've taken there "course" and really just tossed my money down the drain. I don't want to throw good money after bad so I wanted some input from some of the more experienced folks on this board.
b.

Reply by Anonymous on 5/22/05 9:22pm
Msg #39615

I took the loan signing class from Notaryclass.com today and it was terrific.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/23/05 12:30pm
Msg #39674

We don't put much faith in people who post anonymously.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.