Notary Rotary
New copy certification by document custodian/TIA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Linda on 5/24/05 5:46pm
Msg #40133

I did one of these and it was rejected by the county clerk telling me it needed the new jurat wording. Does anyone know where I can see one or buy one? I can make my own if I could just see how they are doing it.

Reply by CAtitlegal on 5/24/05 5:50pm
Msg #40134

Are you in California? If so: http://www.ss.ca.gov/business/notary/notary_jurat.htm

Reply by Linda on 5/24/05 6:00pm
Msg #40136

Yes, I went to that web site, they do not have this form. I know what it is suppose to say but how is it placed on the copy certification by document custodain?

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/24/05 6:12pm
Msg #40140

***they do not have this form*** huh? I clicked on the link and the form came right up.

You can either use a stamp to add the correct wording, hand write the wording on the certificate or make a loose jurat certificate and attach it to your document.
IF you are in CA!

Reply by CAtitlegal on 5/24/05 6:38pm
Msg #40145

ditto SamIam. Huh?

I've never been asked to witness the certification signing of a document (copy) by a document custodian, give the oath, and execute a Jurat - but the State of CA is real clear on the language for the Jurat. Linda, I guess I'm not sure what you're asking.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 5/24/05 8:11pm
Msg #40174

This came up last week. Do you have a correct copy. I have a cd with the different docs and I fixed it to have the correct wording. The Copy Certification By Document Custodian is a bit different than the Jurat. I would be happy to e-mail one to you if you would like.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/24/05 8:17pm
Msg #40176

Sara your an Angel!!!
Can you email it to me too. It is very tight to try and add a stamp on that form. and no way can you add the wording.
Thank you Sara

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 5/24/05 8:31pm
Msg #40180

Oh no problem. You were the one who got me thinking about it in the first place. Give me a couple of minutes and I'll get it to you.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/24/05 10:10pm
Msg #40195

Re:Thank you so much Sarah..:)..n/m

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/24/05 10:28pm
Msg #40205

Can you please e-mail one to me?
[e-mail address]
Thanks!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.