Notary Rotary
New with an E doc question
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Robert Spies on 5/17/05 3:56pm
Msg #38438

I am new at this and am trying to get information on the computer format and software used for E docs.....pdf files would be easy (since probably everyone already uses it) but I get the feeling this stuff might be in some other format........
Thanks

Reply by SL/CA on 5/17/05 4:05pm
Msg #38440

Welcome !

Yes, there are many different formats, however, pdf is most used. Normally when you get the Email with the attachments the company will give you a link to download the needed format software for free. That has been the case with all of my docs anyway... Good luck !!

Reply by Anonymous on 5/17/05 4:20pm
Msg #38441

Thanks

Reply by Anonymous on 5/17/05 4:24pm
Msg #38442

"edocs" are docs with the .elx format. PDF, or Adobe Acrobat, are docs with the .pdf format. Can someone please, oh please, tell me what is meant by "digital docs"?

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/17/05 5:29pm
Msg #38450

E-docs are when the documents are e-mailed to you. Digital docs are when you go to a specific web site and get the documents digitally from their site.

Documents readers I have hear of include: Adobe Acrobat, Docutech, Dynamic Dox. Elynix Viewer, Empower & SwiftView. I'm not sure if there are others or not.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 5/18/05 2:36pm
Msg #38737

Re: New with an E doc question - Robert

When you accept an edoc assignment with a company, they will be sure you can print the docs. Some companies will set you up with a "utility" to access & print the edocs.
Other companies may use a website & give you a password.
In any case, the assigning company will work with you to be sure you can print the docs.
I have found that most companies are patient, friendly and will be quite helpful.

***If you have a LaserJet printer with PCLC emmulation you will be set to go.
"I think it's PCLC 5 or 6"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.