Notary Rotary
Newbie Help ASAP Quick Q
Notary Discussion History

Newbie Help ASAP Quick Q
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by C.A. on 5/5/05 10:28am
Msg #35962

Newbie Help ASAP Quick Q

Hello everyone, I have a quick question ( I cannot find the answer in my notary books or google ).

I'm notarizing an insurance document (Have done 3x loan docs , 1st this...). What goes in the blanks?

______________________ subscribed to the within instrument, and acknowledged that ______________________ executed it.

It's the persons names on both correct? Please help asap

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/5/05 10:32am
Msg #35963

It is difficult to know what goes in the first blank without knowing what preceeds the blank!

The second blank should contain "he", "she", or "they", depending on the sex and number of people who are signing.

Reply by Revised on 5/5/05 10:38am
Msg #35968

The Undersigned Notary Public, personally appeared

_________ (JANE DOE)

______ Personally known to me (SHE A FAMILY FRIEND)

_______ Provided to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence to be the person(S) whose name(S)

subscribed to the within instrument, and acknowledged that

___________________________ executed it.

WITNESS MY HAND and OFFICAL seal.

(NOTE: This is a FARMERS INSURANCE CLAIM)

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/5/05 10:40am
Msg #35970

If it is one person "is"; if two or more people "are".

Reply by ca on 5/5/05 10:43am
Msg #35971

Thats what goes in the blank?

_________ subscribed to the within instrument, and acknowledged that?

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/5/05 10:45am
Msg #35973

Asked and answered.

Either "is" or "are".

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/5/05 10:36am
Msg #35967

Re: Newbie Help ASAP - what state are you in? n/m

Reply by C.A. on 5/5/05 10:39am
Msg #35969

CA

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/5/05 10:43am
Msg #35972

Re: Newbie Help

Please use "CA" as part of the name you use when posting messages in the Forums. For example, Joe_CA or Joe/CA. You will find that people will be able to help you more when they know your state of commission.

Please take the time to read through all the posts on this Forum. You will find nearly all (if not all) of your questions answered at least once.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/5/05 10:45am
Msg #35975

***The Undersigned Notary Public, personally appeared ___ (JANE DOE)______ Personally known to me (SHE A FAMILY FRIEND)
_______ Provided to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence to be the person(S) whose name(S)____________________________subscribed to the within instrument, and acknowledged that ___________________________ executed it.
WITNESS MY HAND and OFFICAL seal.***

This is definately NOT the proper notorial wording for CA! you CAN NOT use this form - you must attach a loose certificate! Do you want me to e-mail you the correct wording?

Reply by CA_CA on 5/5/05 10:51am
Msg #35979

Yea .. my email is [e-mail address] ... Thankyou

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/5/05 11:04am
Msg #35986

Re: Newbie Help ASAP

I sent the e-mail with the proper wording for an individual personally known by you. I did this because I didn't want you to use the wrong form and your post said ASAP.

You should be able to recognize the proper wording since you have already completed signings. Please go back and study your handbook. You can purchase blank certificates from this site. You will need them - a lot!

If you have not already done so, please review post 33325 dated 04/22.

Reply by CA_CA on 5/5/05 11:07am
Msg #35988

Re: Newbie Help ASAP

Thanks!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.