Notary Rotary
No Room For Stamp??
Notary Discussion History

No Room For Stamp??
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by SANROUS on 5/10/05 11:45am
Msg #36908

No Room For Stamp??

Becoming increasing frustrated with "No Notary Stamps Over Document Letterings, Margins, etc].....Yet, the space were stamp is to be applied is less than 1/2" when stamp is over 1".
Utterly irresponsilbe on the Lender's documentation preparation. I find myself guessing the exact place, praying and pressing. Be it for me to correct the Lender on this increasing problem. Has anyone else had this problem??

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/10/05 11:49am
Msg #36910

Yes I have that problem all the time. Have found my self on many occasion placing the stamp, eyeballing it on both sides then praying as I press.

Reply by Art_MD on 5/10/05 11:52am
Msg #36913

Re: No Room For Stamp?? Attach a loose..

Attach a loose certificate. Pain in the butt, but sometimes is the only way.

Art

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 5/10/05 11:53am
Msg #36914

same here, I even marked the side of my stamp so I could fit it in. But still sometimes there isn't room enough. Sometimes you have to go with the loose cert.

Reply by Katie/CA on 5/10/05 12:07pm
Msg #36918

I have one stamp that will fit any where

The last time I renewed my commission I ordered three different sizes of stamps. I got a real small one that will fit on any document. I use the standard one for all Deeds and most documents. Other wise I use the stamp that will fit the best on the document I'm notarizing.
You can write the SOS to get a form to have another or as many stamps as you feel you need.

Reply by DellaCa on 5/10/05 12:18pm
Msg #36923

Re: I have one stamp that will fit any where

Where did you get the very small one? Being small it stamps legible I would guess?

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 5/10/05 12:39pm
Msg #36930

Della
I have a very small seal as well. I got mine from the NNA; however, I'm sure there are other Venders you can order one from instead of the NNA.

Reply by Katie/CA on 5/10/05 5:49pm
Msg #37009

When I got the list from the SOS of places to have stamps made I went to one and checked out the sizes. This one about is 1 1/2inches long by 1/2 wide, very very small. Yes it is
legible. The owner told me they make them all the time, but this is the smallest that they have made. I have even seen one nearly this size used on a deed of trust but I would never use it on a deed.

Reply by Victoria/FL on 5/10/05 2:38pm
Msg #36968

My favorite is the word "seal" where the

notarial seal should go. "Hello? Since you typed in 'seal' there's no place for me to place my stamp!"

Reply by Katie/CA on 5/10/05 5:50pm
Msg #37010

Re: My favorite is the word "seal" where the

Isn't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.