Notary Rotary
Notary Cherry
Notary Discussion History

Notary Cherry
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Melissa-CA on 5/26/05 1:23pm
Msg #40559

Notary Cherry

I just received my commission and filed my oath! I am trying to research as much as possible to be prepared. My fear or concern is how to record notorial acts in a journal. Are there sample pages or entries out there to review so I can have an idea of how things are to be done?

Reply by ColleenCA on 5/26/05 1:36pm
Msg #40562

Didn't the class instructor give you a sample of a journal entry? It's very basic, and self-explainatory in the journal itself. Good luck.

Reply by christi/socal on 5/26/05 1:41pm
Msg #40566

Hi, and congrats
first read message 33325. then think about getting notary rotarys MoJo ( journal) It's great, soooo much easier than other ones. also read as much of this board as you can. And don't beleve anything about how much money is waiting to fall in your lap that the NNA told you about :-( Last sign up with a billion signing agencys. ( I'm semi joking with that, but sign up with hundreds, THATS not a joke!!!) What part of ca are you in? Some areas are full of notaries, that just means you have to work harder. Hope you do well.

Reply by Melissa-California on 5/26/05 1:46pm
Msg #40572

No, I was not given samples in class. I did not take a class...just studied the handbook. I have the "Just Point and Sign" journal right now. I not sure if that is a good one or not...looks real detailed though. (If that counts!)

I am doing my first notariaztion.... for a skate park waiver form. The dad will be signing and I have to notarize......

I live in Taft, California....

Reply by Melody on 5/26/05 1:45pm
Msg #40570

Just a gentle tip, NC

Please ask a guy age 50+ to explain what the slang term "cherry" generally refers to. Especially how it was used during 40s - 60s. This board is not the place to explain it.

I don't think you will want to use the term after you know what it means.

Not criticizing - just wanting to save you embarassment.

Reply by Melissa-CA on 5/26/05 1:53pm
Msg #40578

Thanks for the tip! I should have used the word "newbie" instead!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/26/05 8:33pm
Msg #40674

Newbie Notary

Yup. Using the word "newbie" won't get you in trouble.

When I first read your original topic I found it in questionable taste, and some might find it offensive. (sigh) I guess that means I'm a guy over 50. (Yes, in fact, correct on both counts.) I haven't kept up with how words are used by the hippest, so ....

Reply by HisHughness on 5/26/05 10:38pm
Msg #40721

Notary Cherry crawfishes:

***I should have used the word "newbie" instead!***

I sorta liked the original choice, NC; anything's better than that inane "newbie." Certainly your choice was more interesting than, say, "Notary Peach." Try reversing the word order next time; as an adjective, that no-no word is a bit less visually graphic.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 5/26/05 3:03pm
Msg #40598

Re: Notary Cherry...Melissa

Hi:

In the Journal there is usually a sample page of how the journal entries should be filled out.

It may give examples for different documents.
On pages 24/25 of the 2005 Notary Public Handbook, Published by the Secretary of State you will find detailed information on the requirements for a CA notary in regards to journal entries.

If you google California Secretary of State and go to the Notary page you can download the 2005 Notary Public Handbook.

***Many of your initial questions may & probably will be answered in this handbook.

Reply by selkit on 5/26/05 10:12pm
Msg #40720

Go to the National Notary Assoc. website,I'm sure you'll find your answer.Hope that helps.
Selkit

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/30/05 5:32pm
Msg #41234

Ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, ho. Very funny, selkit! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.