Notary Rotary
Notary Signing Agent Log
Notary Discussion History

Notary Signing Agent Log
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by jojo_MN on 5/18/05 10:15am
Msg #38609

Notary Signing Agent Log

I recently filled my last Notary Signing Agent Log from the NNA. I really like theirs, but don't feel like paying $20 for a new one if I can find one cheaper. I bought the MoJo from Notary Rotary, but I don't see that they offer the log. Does anyone have a different site to recommend? TIA

Reply by Victoria/FL on 5/18/05 12:33pm
Msg #38655

Have you considered creating one in Excel? I took the information from the NNA Signing Agent Log and created a spreadsheet. Much easier and neater to use.

Reply by Claudia_NJ on 5/18/05 1:03pm
Msg #38664

Victoria,

Would you mind sharing your spreadsheet? I 've been lokking for something to keep track of everything and have just been using an accounting journal (handwritten).

my e-mail is [e-mail address]

thanks,

Claudia

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 5/18/05 1:09pm
Msg #38667

I also have an excel spreadsheet and it is much easier to track the notary costs versus the whole amount of the fee. I have these columns set-up

Name of lender
Name of borrower
Date of signing
Fee amount
Notarizations
Taxable Fee (subject to S/E)
Mileage (yahoo maps)
Bridge toll
Remittance date

I also keep a spreadsheet for supplies ordered and used. (Toner, legal/letter paper, fax ribbons, pens, stamps, envelopes, etc)

I have also downloaded my cell usage into an excel spreadsheet.

I love details and this allows me to keep an accurate picture of how much I am profiting from this endeavor. I am also anal with a touch of ocd so go figure. That could be why I check the loan docs 5x before sending.

Reply by jojo_MN on 5/18/05 1:24pm
Msg #38674

Thanks to all of you. I actually do already have it in a spreadsheet format on excel. I guess there really is no need to have a book also since it has the same information.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 5/18/05 2:18pm
Msg #38718

Re: Notary Signing Agent Log...Nicole

I'm with you. It's great to have the formulas set up so very little is entered into the spreadsheet - like the mileage and the notarization value versus the Signing Fee - SE tax totals.

Reply by Marie_TN on 5/18/05 2:25pm
Msg #38723

I still am not for sure what is not taxable in notarizing. HELP!

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/18/05 2:27pm
Msg #38726

This is a california answear. The notary fee only is excempt.

Reply by Marie_TN on 5/18/05 2:29pm
Msg #38728

Then should I (of course not) assume that what our fees are listed (in TN) that we can charge is what I would look at?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 5/18/05 2:33pm
Msg #38733

The state authorized notary fee is only exempt from SE TAX computation. It is still income and must be reported as income. Even in California! Smiley

Reply by Marie_TN on 5/18/05 2:35pm
Msg #38735

Thanks

Reply by kg/ca on 5/18/05 4:21pm
Msg #38776

I know the courthouse here in Palcer county will give you a free soft cover, if you ask... check around with the county offices... they might be able to lead you in the right direction!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.