Notary Rotary
Open Discussion Item
Notary Discussion History

Open Discussion Item
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by MaggieMae_CA on 5/24/05 2:30pm
Msg #40081

Open Discussion Item

I read about slow and no pay SSs in many of the postings here. Do you think it makes a difference if you live in the area of the SS as to whether or not you're paid?

I came up with this question after reading a posting about Eyewitness in El Cajon, CA. They're basically a stone's throw away from me. I haven't done any closings for them, just wondering if I would be treated differently???

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/24/05 2:44pm
Msg #40088

I should think it would make a deference as you could walk in to their office and taking them to small claims court would be so much easier with them being so close.

Reply by CaSigner on 5/24/05 3:47pm
Msg #40117

Interesting question

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 5/24/05 7:20pm
Msg #40156

in state vs. out of state

The best way for me to answer this is to give you an example.

A best friend of mine is a SA in Long Island NY. She's done many signings for Thomas Sirianni. Sirianni's company has always paid her promptly. Me, I live in Florida, I did one signing for this dead beat SS in January and have yet to be paid. Since Sirianni is a lawyer and he pays his in state SA's promptly I'd say it must make a difference!

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 5/24/05 10:07pm
Msg #40194

Re: in state vs. out of state

Thanks Jeanie-fl... I thought that might be the case. This could also explain why some people swear by a SS while others swear at them.

Especially a lawyer knows what a hassel it is for someone from out of state to go after him.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.