Notary Rotary
Paycheck and bonus!
Notary Discussion History

Paycheck and bonus!
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by MaggieMae_CA on 5/13/05 12:39am
Msg #37451

Paycheck and bonus!

Sorry... I just gotta brag about this one!

My first signing as a CA NSA was April 13 and I just received the check from that signing today. First of all... I was disappointed because there was no evelope from them in today's mail when I got home and was bringing in the mail. So I tossed down the mail, made dinner and then went back to the mail to check the bills out.

There was this box that I figured was junk mail when I brought it in. I opened it and it was a double CD of Springsteen Live along with my check from the SS. The gal in FL at the SS is another Jersey girl and when we were emailing each other she mentioned she was from Redbank. Of course, I had to ask her how 'the Boss' was doing!

Nice people all over this crazy world!!!!

Reply by calipat/ca on 5/13/05 1:51am
Msg #37454

Good for you. I hope you get alot more work. Good luck!

Reply by Laura_NH on 5/13/05 6:54am
Msg #37458

Hi maggie! i lived in NJ for a year, in colts neck at the base there, and actually saw The Boss watering his lawn one day and said hi. It was so neat! and yes, it was really him!

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 5/13/05 9:53am
Msg #37476

So neat to come from the Garden State!

I don't miss the snow and ice and driving that kind of thing, but I miss the people and the pace.

Loretta Lynn might be proud to be a coal miner's daughter, but I'm proud to say I come from the great state of NJ!

Reply by Kim/NJ on 5/13/05 10:01am
Msg #37480

Its funny about people from NJ...either love it or hate it - not to many inbetweens!!! I have lived here my entire life (with the exception of college and a breif stint in upstate NY) and would give just about ANYTHING to get out!!!! The husband though will never leave so I guess I am stuck here. I am often ashamed to admit to being from this state!! LOL!!!

We live "down the shore" so at least we have that going for us!!

Reply by Art_MD on 5/13/05 10:12am
Msg #37486

Margate -

Been a looong time. Is the elephant still there?

Art

Reply by Kim / NJ on 5/13/05 10:55am
Msg #37497

Re: Margate -

I have to be honest and admit I had to search google to find out what you are talking about!!! I never heard of Lucy!! But according to the website, she is still there! Not sure how I missed ever hearing about / seeing her! LOL!!!

Reply by Art_MD on 5/13/05 11:28am
Msg #37504

Re: Margate -

Remember when one Sunday morning, the sun was rising and shining thru the clouds - I saw a big pink elephant !!! For a moment I thought it was the Boone's Farm (or was it MadDog 20/20?) .. Almost swore off of it until I realized what I was seeing was real.

Reply by Donna CA on 5/13/05 10:04am
Msg #37482

MaggieMae I was born there! But I actually did part of my youth in Point Pleasant

Reply by SamIam_CA on 5/13/05 10:18am
Msg #37488

Re: Point Pleasant

The FOX TV show Point Pleasant is/was filmed in San Diego. One of my other jobs is working as an extra. How anyone could think CA would pass as NJ is beyond me. Maybe that is why the show was canceled.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/13/05 11:07am
Msg #37500

Re: Paycheck and bonus! TG for the nice people :) n/m

Reply by Susan Axelrod on 5/13/05 1:35pm
Msg #37549

How special, that is lovely, enjoy!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.