Notary Rotary
Perspective on trip fees
Notary Discussion History

Perspective on trip fees
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by stamper_WI on 5/23/05 6:56pm
Msg #39850

Perspective on trip fees

Here in WI, Notaries can charge up to 50 cents for witnessing. I never charge for that. I charge for travel, Handling of sensitive documents with very personal information ( like SS#, bank account #. Asset lists etc) and for my knowledge of the documents themselves. Not to mention the " Social worker" aspect needed on occaision. Confidentiality is a factor too. That stuff doesn't go away if I get there and the loan doesn't close or they client is not even there.

If I am wrong about my value to the lenders and clients... why the bond and E&O insurance?

Reply by ERNA_CA on 5/23/05 7:26pm
Msg #39861

Re: Good point Stamper. n/m

Reply by Lisa/WI on 5/23/05 8:18pm
Msg #39878

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but the bond is only $500 and it only covers the people who are harmed by negligence of a notary, not the notary. And to top that off, they can come after you for the $500. The E & O covers the legal fees of the notary in the event you are sued.

Reply by Paul_IL on 5/24/05 12:21am
Msg #39933

And this relates to trip fees How? NM

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.