Notary Rotary
Perusing the forum
Notary Discussion History

Perusing the forum
Go Back to May, 2005 Index

Posted by Paul2_FL on 5/19/05 12:52am
Msg #38937

Perusing the forum

The amount of threads and responses to those threads coming in on this forum can be overwhelming. Believe me, I'm not knocking it I think this is a great forum! What I'd like to know is how others view them. What works best for you. Do you use the "threaded" view, the "topics" view, or the "linear" view? I've tried all of them and seem to prefer the "threaded" view but find that messages get bumped too quick to the "prev" page because of the amount of new messages coming in. I know myself there are time when I would like to respond to a "prev" message (day or two old) but feel it's too late because this forum is very dynamic and nobody wants to read old stuff. As "O'Reilly" would say.. What say you?

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 5/19/05 6:30am
Msg #38944

I like threaded view.Some cat fights aren't worth reading/nm

Smiley

Reply by MI_Notary on 5/19/05 6:33am
Msg #38945

I like the threaded method. Don't feel that it is too late to reply to yesterday's postings. I generally try to select the previous and go back a couple of days to see other responses. Helps keep me updated.

Reply by Art_MD on 5/19/05 7:45am
Msg #38953

I use the threaded view to see what new threads are posted. Read them.
Next time I'm on, I use the linear view to see if any new post re: threads I'm interested in following further.

Art

Reply by Paul2_FL on 5/19/05 8:04am
Msg #38960

Thanks Art, MI-Notary & Bobbi,

What about responding to "old" (1-3 days) msgs? Do you think it's a waste of time? Do you think anybody goes back to read them?

Reply by Art_MD on 5/19/05 8:17am
Msg #38966

Can't hurt. As I said, I read the linear to see if there are posts re: threads I was interested in. If there's a post re: a 3 day old thread I was interested in, I read and respond if I have something to say.

Art

Reply by MarleneM/USNA on 5/19/05 10:55am
Msg #38982

Re: Perusing the forum - Ditto

I'll go back a couple of days, but later than that, no one seems to post anymore to a thread, they start a new one instead.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 5/19/05 12:27pm
Msg #39004

It should be to nobody's surprise that I disagree. People often use the Search button, so I try to go back a few weeks, or at least until there are no posts I haven't read.

Reply by Paul2/FL on 5/19/05 3:56pm
Msg #39064

Ernest,
When you go back to see if you missed anything and find something you would like to respond to - do you?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.